What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
With Universal officially out of the running via Mister Limes statement , that only leaves Disney, Columbia and Warner Brothers. The Disney library of ABC Films seems most likely-and its an important library withTHEY SHOOT HORSES?, PRIZZIS HONOR and SILKWOOD the standouts.

SPACECAMP (1986) is in my top 5 most wanted Blurays ever. :(
I had watched a VHS recorded from TV many times during my childhood!

But of course, if it was the ABC library, to tell you the truth there are much more films that I'm interested in from Columbia and Warner.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I think it's Columbia.
Me too. Twilight Time and Kino both license from MGM and Fox so no reason why they both can't license from Sony. Disney used to sublicense in the late 1990's but really hasn't since 2001 so they seem even more unlikely than Warner. But not impossible. Sony just seems to be the likely one. They still have a lot of genre titles left including many Hammer films, tons of 50's and 60's westerns. Lots of stuff that fits Kino. They may even be able to re-license out of print top selling TT titles like Fright Night (1985) and The Blob (1988)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
With Universal officially out of the running via Mister Limes statement , that only leaves Disney, Columbia and Warner Brothers. The Disney library of ABC Films seems most likely-and its an important library withTHEY SHOOT HORSES?, PRIZZIS HONOR and SILKWOOD the standouts. Many outstanding films that K-L will present in their customary outstanding way. Columbias library is the weakest and WB is slowly rolling out Blus via their own distribution. Disney controls many of the Palomar titles -so maybe we will finally see THE STEPFORD WIVES ion Bluray. K-L can do no wrong in my eyes...esp with THE WANDERERS upcoming!

Most of the titles you listed above are with Disney, but The Stepford Wives, Sleuth, The Heartbreak Kid and some other Palomar titles are with another company. Paramount had licensed them for remake rights and now they're back with that company.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming April 18th on Blu-ray!
Nominated for 2 Oscars
- Best Supporting Actress (Joan Allen) | Best Adapted Screenplay (Arthur Miller)

The Crucible (1996) with optional English subtitles
• A Conversation with Daniel Day-Lewis and Arthur Miller
• Audio Commentary with Director Nicholas Hytner and Writer Arthur Miller
• Making-of Featurette
• Original Theatrical Trailer

738329207380.jpg

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Just got my Prince of Foxes blu-ray and immediately had a get together to view it. Everyone just loved it. I post this here because another column seemed to denigrate it. Don't they realize that this certainly came from the best available elements? That said, we all noted the sharpness and clarity of the image, so much richer than the old DVD. I though it was wonderful throughout. Kino is to be lauded for giving us such a variety of titles, but it is for the classic historical adventure films and the rare silents that I applaud them. Just want them to know the joy they bring into our homes by doing this.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I know that we're really not supposed to comment on Kino discs in this thread, but wanted Mr. Lime to know that this week's THE GENERAL/THREE AGES set is wonderful. Looking forward to STEAMBOAT BILL, JR/COLLEGE and 23 PACES next week! Also great to see more Republic titles...will SUNSET IN THE WEST be a color transfer?

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I know that we're really not supposed to comment on Kino discs in this thread, but wanted Mr. Lime to know that this week's THE GENERAL/THREE AGES set is wonderful. Looking forward to STEAMBOAT BILL, JR/COLLEGE and 23 PACES next week! Also great to see more Republic titles...will SUNSET IN THE WEST be a color transfer?

The 23 Paces to Baker Street restoration is stunningly beautiful. Schawn Belston and his crew should be applauded, not just for this, but all of their other Fox restorations we've had the honor to release.

Yes, Sunset in the West will be in color and it looks great. Paramount did a great job with this one.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
A pipe dream, I'm sure, but I kinda hope that it's Sony. Imagine if Kino and the 3D Film Archive were able to do the remaining Columbia 3-D movies? And imagine if Kino got a couple of Columbia serials out, too? The Spider's Web in HD anyone?

Boy, would that be terrific!

I'm hoping for Disney & Co but Sony does own rights to 3 of my Holy Grails;

Skatetown USA (1979)
Thank God It's Friday (1978)
Eyes Of Laura Mars (1978)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Most of the titles you listed above are with Disney, but The Stepford Wives, Sleuth, The Heartbreak Kid and some other Palomar titles are with another company. Paramount had licensed them for remake rights and now they're back with that company.

Thank you for clearing that up. Would have been great if they were with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks