What's new

***Official 50 FIRST DATES Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I did a "slow search" and didn't find this.

I just saw the trailer for "50 First Dates" on Comingsoon.net. I really like Drew Barrymore and this looks funny. Kind of a "Ground Hog Day" plot with a twist.

It stars: Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore, Rob Schneider, Dan Akroyd, Sean Astin, Blake Clark

Plot Summary: "50 First Kisses", a romantic comedy set in Hawaii, stars Adam Sandler as Henry, an arctic wildlife vet, and Drew Barrymore as Lucy, a young woman with a unique memory disorder. Henry has been spending his spare time breaking the hearts of female tourists, while Lucy has been waking up every morning thinking it's Sunday - of last year. Once they meet, Henry sets out to win her love - everyday.

Release Date: February 13, 2004

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds neat, I tend to like movies like this too. My wife especially loves anything like this, she will be excited about it.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "50 First Dates". Please post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "50 First Dates" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

M.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, it was a nice flick, it's pretty funny and has a genuine warmth of heart to it. There's nothing wrong with giving such a film a good review.

Also, I noticed that there's a nod to a "T.B. Callahan" for the benefactor of the brain clinic. I suspect that's Tommy Boy Callahan.

I have to wonder how much Spam and Reese's paide for their product placement.

When I heard the Hawaiian version of "Over The Rainbow" it instantly took me back to when it was playing in the waning moments of Mark Green's life on "ER", at least now, when I hear it again, it'll trigger a happier emotion, thanks to this film, otherwise, it was so bittersweet in my memory.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Good movie, enjoyed it a lot.

I like how they put in references to past Sandler flicks, including the Wedding Singer. The song "Hold Me Now" played when Drew and Adam were first starting to hit it off, same as in Wedding Singer. Then of course, the Happy Gilmore golf swing. :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The critique of that golf swing by Sandler's character was the funny part, plus watching the kids use the same swing and get great results with it, while the father (Schneider) totally hoses it up.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
My wife and I saw this on Valentine's Day. It was definitely worth the money we paid and a "will buy" when it comes out on DVD. This is probably my most favorite Adam Sandler movie to date. Of course Drew Barrymore is as beautiful and charming as always especially when wielding a baseball bat and chasing after Rob! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks