What's new

***Official 50 FIRST DATES Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "50 First Dates". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues, please use the Official Discussion Thread.

M.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Saw this today.

Probably one of my Favorite Sandler Movies to date.

While there was still some silly Sandler antics, it wasn't overdone and seemed to fit with the movie.

Drew and Adam just seem right together on the screen. They really complement each other.

The ending was perfect. It could have gone in several directions and I'm glad it went the way it did.

Definatly reccomend this movie to anyone looking for a romantic comedy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sandler and Barrymore's onscreen chemistry shine through in this sweet romantic comedy. They play Henry and Lucy in a somewhat unconventional love story. I can't recall when Barrymore has been more appealing in a film in recent memory, and Sandler is honestly earnest in his attraction to Lucy, and his love for her drives the film to its conclusion.

Rob Schneider is hilarious, and pretty much gets a laugh when he's on-screen. Sean Astin is also amusing as Lucy's brother.

I give it 3 stars of a grade of B.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah 3 stars from me too. The first 15 minutes or so dragged, but then it got pretty funny and fast paced.

Seeing the trailers I feared for the Schneider character but it turned out okay. Astin definitely broke the "Sam" mold with his role here! :D

And yeah, the chemistry that Sandler and Barrymore have together is something that Affleck and JLo only WISHED they had onscreen! ;)

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
This movie isn't going to win any awards, but it was a very enjoyable escape for about an hour and a half. If you are a fan of The Wedding Singer, you will most likely enjoy this movie.

I know I did!!

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Finally saw this movie with my date last night....she cried toward the end. Excellent chemistry between Adam and Drew. Good date movie.

Adam and Drew....the new Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan??

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Caught this over the weekend. Enjoyed it quite a bit. I've gotta agree with everyone else about the Barrymore/Sandler chemistry. They make a great on-screen couple. I'd give it a B+.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks