What's new

Obscure Classic TV Shows - Post Your Favorites! (4 Viewers)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I'll try adding one that hopefully isn't a repeat. What I like about the series is that Jock Mahoney is a stunt man by trade and Dickie Jones has been a trick rider since youth. It adds so much more when the stars can do their own thing without the need for doubles. The episode I attached is just a random one I found.

The Range Rider had a reputation for fairness, fighting ability, and accuracy with his guns and was known far and wide, even by the Indians.

S2E14: Secret of the Red Raven

Storekeeper Hilton is running a smuggling operation through a mine owned by Pete Harper and his young granddaughter Susan.When his henchmen fail to get rid of Pete he hires a bandit , Joe Larkin ,to do the job.

Looks like Marv posted one of these back on Jul 15, 2021. But don’t let that stop you Brad. Before I make every post I use the old search feature myself because, well, my memory ain’t as good as it once was. Believe me it’s a challenge unto itself just to find something that hasn’t been posted here before. I may someday run out. But I’m not close yet. Please keep on trying, thank you!! Btw I like your posting style. It looks familiar! :)

We've now reached a milestone. Page 100!!!​

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Looks like Marv posted one of these back on Jul 15, 2021. But don’t let that stop you Brad. Before I make every post I use the old search feature myself because, well, my memory ain’t as good as it once was. Believe me it’s a challenge unto itself just to find something that hasn’t been posted here before. I may someday run out. But I’m not close yet. Please keep on trying, thank you!! Btw I like your posting style. It looks familiar! :)

We've now reached a milestone. Page 100!!!​
I tried the search, but unfortunately I thought if a thread was open the search was limited to the thread. I now see that their is a thread only specific option and my search was too broad. Oh well...one can never get enough Range Rider. I see Marv also listed Annie Oakley that and the Third Man would have been other suggestion.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I tried the search, but unfortunately I thought if a thread was open the search was limited to the thread. I now see that their is a thread only specific option and my search was too broad. Oh well...one can never get enough Range Rider. I see Marv also listed Annie Oakley that and the Third Man would have been other suggestion.
Absolutely! No ground rules here. The more the merrier. If you like it and it's a favorite by golly post it! I've posted reruns and no one notices. Also many times Marv has posted but a single episode of a show which I've felt merits a bunch more and so I did. If you find a duplicate with better quality then most definitely show us. Thanks Brad!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

After a marshal and deputy are wounded and killed, Gil and Rowdy volunteer to finish the delivery of the prison wagon with seven dangerous prisoners to Ft Craig for trial, while the outlaw husband of one prisoner is in pursuit to free her.​

The drovers rescue the passengers in a stagecoach that overturns. They learn a gunman known as "The Executioner" was following the coach. Now he is following them while they are with the drovers and no one knows who his target is.​

Needing water and grass for the herd Favor has the okay from a rancher until he befriends a Comanche boy with candy. The rancher wants the Comanche lands so he is willing to start an Indian war and sacrifice his only son who he despises.​

Rowdy and two cattle are stricken with a disease similar to deadly anthrax. Some drivers and the nearby townsfolk are frightened, allowing no traffic to the drover camp or out in the direction of town. But one fearless nurse is undeterred.​

Favor and crew drive the herd into an area populated by farmers who have previously waged a range war against cattlemen. A group of farmers warns Favor to keep his men and cattle off farmland, but a thunderstorm causes some of the horses to stampede and a farmer is killed. The man's death threatens to start a war between the farmers and the drovers.​

Perhaps one of the greatest television westerns ever made!
Purchase Rawhide: The Complete Series

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

A Civil War veteran with a sawed-off rifle as a holstered weapon makes a living as a bounty hunter in the Wild West of the 1870s.

S01E01 The Martin Poster (Sep.06.1958)
Stars Steve McQueen Michael Landon Nick Adams John Cliff Vaughn Taylor Dabbs Greer Jennifer Lea Robert Anderson

While pursuing Carl Martin, Josh stops at a marshal's office where Carl is being held. However, Josh interrupts a jail break involving Carl's brother Andy. Josh is falsely accused of aiding in the jailbreak and the marshal's murder.​

Josh needs to get his wounded prisoner to Bannach in three days to prevent an innocent man from hanging. His only option is a stagecoach carrying dynamite but Josh is willing to take the risk against the wishes of the driver.​

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Western stories and legends based, and filmed, in and around Death Valley, California. One of the longest-running Western series, originating on radio in the 1930s. The continuing sponsor was "20 Mule Team" Borax, a product formerly mined in Death Valley.

S08E01 - Olvera (Oct 1, 1959)
Stars Stanley Andrews Michael Dante Craig Duncan Roy Engel Rodolfo Hoyos Victor Millan Anna Navarro Julian Rivero Cesar Romero

A Mexican official must decide between his fellow caballeros and his obligations to the U.S. Government during the annexation of California.​

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

The exploits of Champion, a wild stallion who befriends twelve year-old Ricky North in the American Southwest in the 1880's. Although Ricky, who lived on his Uncle Sandy's ranch, had a magnetic attraction for trouble, he was always rescued by the Wonder Horse, aided by the boy's other bosom companion, German shepherd dog, Rebel.

S1E13 The Stone Heart (Dec.13.1955)
Stars Champion Barry Curtis Jim Bannon Blaze James Best William Henry Don C. Harvey Barbara Bestar Ewing Mitchell

Ricky tries to help a wounded prisoner who was forced to participate in a jail break and becomes the target of the rest of the gang of counterfeiters.​

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Hosted by famous dancer and actor Fred Astaire, this series presented a new drama with each week's episode. Unlike some of the earlier drama series, which tended either toward classics or toward light subject matter, this series often had powerful stories about painful or controversial subjects. Many big names got involved with this series, including actors like Charlton Heston and Lee Marvin, directors like John Ford, and writers like Ray Bradbury.

S02E23 The Best Years (Mar.07.1963) Pilot 2
Stars Fred Astaire Burt Brinckerhoff Jamie Brothers Paul Carr Paul Comi Jason Evers Alice Frost Nancy Hadley Stephanie Hill Barbara Hunter Henry Jones Bart Patton Bartlett Robinson Stefan Schnabel Music Department Jerry Goldsmith John Williams

The story of Joseph Howe, an English professor at Channing University whose new job is made difficult by a brilliant, uncompromising student. Aired one year prior as S01E17 Of This Time, of This Place (Mar.06.1962) Pilot 1. Both were pilots for the 26-episode Channing (1963-1964) series. Spectacular performance by the great Burt Brinckerhoff!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Intrepid detective Dick Tracy tangles with a bizarre rogue's gallery of villians. But as always our stoic officer of the law, virtuous to a fault, proves himself up to the task of putting the criminals behind bars.

S01E14 Flattop: Part 1 (Dec.11.1950)

Crime kingpin Namgib hires thug Flattop to kill Tracy for $10,000.​

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Widower Steve Douglas raises three sons with the help of his father-in-law, and is later aided by the boys' great-uncle. An adopted son, a stepdaughter, wives, and another generation of sons join the loving family in later seasons.

S01E01 Chip Off the Old Block (Sep.29.1960)
Stars Fred MacMurray William Frawley Tim Considine Don Grady Stanley Livingston Debbie Megowan George N. Neise Harlan Warde Betty McMahon Patricia Barry

Steve Douglas (Fred MacMurray) and his youngest son, Chip (Stanley Livingston), are caught in the snares of designing women (Patricia Barry and Debbie Megowan), respectively.​

Chip collects items for the school's annual rag drive. One neighbor notices all the strange happenings at the Douglas home. Bub appears drunk, Robbie carries a dummy in the house, and Chip talks to the dummy and drops it out the window.​

Bub tries to fit into family life, but the boys find things difficult when Bub speaks against a PTA mother, shows up at school with a forgotten lunch, and seems to interfere with girlfriends. Turns out, all the help was needed.​

A telecast of a countdown to a 1957 satellite launch provides the backdrop for a Monday morning in the Douglas household. Everyone seems to be unusually tired. Great science-fiction like episode!!​

After Steve visits the office of a potential client, a General whose motto is "Adjust or bust," he experiences many transportation inconveniences and missed connections getting home in time for the General's dinner appointment.​

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Seems be a reoccurring story John. Just what has CBS done with those masters. Have any been released?

Neal,

I believe one of the earliest, regularly videotaped shows on CBS was The Ed Sullivan Show. I believe they started taping that show in 1959.
The earliest surviving videotaped show is also a CBS program, The Edsel Show taped October 13, 1957.
CBS recently donated all of its Red Skelton
kinescopes and videotapes to the Red Skelton Museum.
Occasionally, CBS will also air various old videotapes from its archive for specials.
Sorry for the delay in responding, we had a huge snowstorm in my neck of the woods.

John

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Betty White hosted this syndicated series in which celebrities would drop by with their pets. Also the show had discussions concerning pet care, ecology and wildlife preservation.

S01E01 Episode #1.1 (Sep.1971)
Stars Betty White Lorne Greene Robert Buesing Ralph Helfer Ray Johnson Anthony Amoroso Francine Amster Ralph Carrillo Allen Ludden Zamba

Lorne Greene, a narcotics detection canine, wolves, and German Shepherds.​

Mary Tyler Moore, poodles, plus Betty's trip to Africa U.S.A. to see the lions and tigers.​

Last edited:

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Shirley Temple's Storybook is an American children's anthology series hosted and narrated by actress Shirley Temple.

S02E12 The House of the Seven Gables (Dec.11.1960)
Stars Shirley Temple Robert Culp Agnes Moorehead Jonathan Harris John Abbott Martin Landau

See this adaptation of Nathaniel Hawthorne's supernatural, romantic tale of a New England family and their life in the House of the Seven Gables, a two-hundred-year-old dwelling haunted by the ghosts of past generations.​

An enchanting musical treasure - and unforgettable Christmas treat - hosted by Shirley and her real-life children. Babes in Toyland recounts a young boy and girl's adventures after running away from their wicked uncle Barnaby played by legendary Jonathan Winters. After passing through dark forests and the spooky village of Meantown, they find themselves in a magical toyland. A great find by Bob Graham back on Dec 22, 2021. This one has superior image quality!​

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

A popular daytime variety show that began on CBS radio on January 15, 1945. 7 years later on September 1, 1952, The Television portion debuted on CBS-TV. The show features A few jokes with Art at the audience and then a woman will answer a simple quiz. He interview an guest expert and later they got gifts. Then A regular Pop band and later Rock 'N' Roll to be appeared at that time. Then the Comedy Spot for funny people. The Big Feature on the show is "Kids Say the Darndest Things"​

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Short lived variety show, sponsored by Revlon, with a different host each week. The premise had the guest host entertaining various celebrities in their penthouse, hotel suite, etc. This show alternated with "Playhouse 90" in it's Thursday time slot.

S01E01 Premiere Show - Rock Hudson host (Oct.08.1959)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Dick and Penny Cooper are married, yet can't afford their own home. They decide to move in with Penny's parents, Barney and Mildred Hogan; and her grandparents, Charley and Lovey Hackett. The stories revolve around the troubles that occur when generations clash.

S01E08 Rain on Saturday (Mar.03.1961)
Stars Jody Warner Dick Sargent Chick Chandler Elisabeth Fraser Jack Kirkwood Cheerio Meredith

Sustained thunderstorms keep all 3 couples from their usual pursuits and trapped indoors together. It begins to drive everyone a little stir crazy as they find fault with one another.​

Barney and Mildred are constantly quarreling so Barney thinks it would be a good thing to take a short vacation.​

Barney has an important client to entertain so he and Mildred plan an extravagant night on the town. The rest of the household are left out but Dick and Penny get the notion a surprise is being planned for them.​

Barney plans on putting his son-in-law Dick up for membership in the local country club. But Barney learns another member has it in for the young man and is planning on keeping him out of the club. The Final Episode.​

Milestones reached ... 100 Pages ... 75K Views ... Thank you all!!!

icon_e_goodnight.gif

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
The Shari Lewis Show (1960-1963)
Stars Shari Lewis Margaret Hamilton Ronald Radd
The Shari Lewis Show is an American Saturday morning color television program for children which appeared on NBC from 1960 to 1963, which took over the time slot after the conclusion of the Howdy Doody program

Charlie Horse's Birthday (1961)

A delightful television show with singer, dancer, and ventriloquist Shari Lewis. Lamb Chop, Hush Puppy, and Charlie Horse are there, with Shari as the puppeteer. Ronald Radd plays Mr. Goodfellow. In this episode it is Charlie Horse's Birthday, and Mr. Goodfellow gives Charlie Horse a beautiful gift. Charlie Horse is so appreciative he decides he will be "nice", but will Lambchop and Hush Puppy believe him? Shari's theme throughout the episode tells us all to "be yourself". Commercials included. Mastered from a 16mm kinescope film.​

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
All of those were a long time ago. Reposts are allowed (besides on many I posted only one episode) - especially if you add your own thoughts on the series. Keep the love going.
Hi Neal - Yes I'm still around just working on other stuff right now.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks