What's new

Obscure Classic TV Shows - Post Your Favorites! (2 Viewers)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I thought it might be fun to post your favorite obscure classic tv shows. There's hundreds, perhaps thousands of classic tv shows which have been uploaded to YouTube, Archive.org or other legitimate websites. This could also include classic tv series which have never been brought to DVD or clips about our beloved classics and actors. See Terms and Rules.

I'll start this off with, Mr. Broadway "An Eye on Emily" from September 26, 1964.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long

I have a lot of stuff in this category but one of my interests is the old variety shows. Most of these are now gone because of music rights.
Stage Show was a great one. Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey hosted the show - performed songs from the band - had variety acts with jugglers and magicians - and invited current music acts and singers of the time. The show is famous for having the first national performance of a young singer - Elvis Presley. That's right before Ed Sullivan.

Last edited:

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

I have a lot of stuff in this category but one of my interests is the old variety shows. Most of these are now gone because of music rights.
Stage Show was a great one. Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey hosted the show - performed songs from the band - had variety acts with jugglers and magicians - and invited current music acts and singers of the time. The show is famous for having the first national performance of a young singer - Elvis Presley. That's right before Ed Sullivan.

These are great Marv!!! The dreaded music rights debacle.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I have always been just an occasional watcher of game shows thru the years with a few exceptions. When I was very young, I loved Beat the Clock. In fact so much so that I got a Beat the Clock game for Christmas.

As a side issue, I lived in Detroit and at that time they were broadcasting radio programs (Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Sgt. Preston) and some TV programs there. One was Cinderella Weekend. My mother and aunt used to go to the broadcast occasionally and I was once selected to pick tickets for the contestants. I got a Prince Valiant crossbow with suction cup arrows. I took it home - shot my uncle - and he broke it. I owned it for about two hours. :D

But the one game show that really got my interest and the one I still enjoy and seek out today is Stump the Stars. (Only a few have been released but as these were syndicated I'm sure the 16mm prints must exist) When I first started watching it it was called Pantomime Quiz. Not only are the games fun but watching celebrities of the day joking and kidding around as just "real" people is really a kick. Here is one with the guests being the cast of another great old TV show "Perry Mason"

Last edited:

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
As I said, I miss the variety and music shows past. Here is one that shows an interesting format. The 5 minute network show. This is a mix of some of those shows: Les Paul and Mary Ford At Home.

For those of you younger folks – Les Paul invented multi-track recording and the techniques that go with it. He and his wife Mary Ford had many hit records in the 1950’s.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I have always been just an occasional watcher of game shows thru the years with a few exceptions. When I was very young, I loved Beat the Clock. In fact so much so that I got a Beat the Clock game for Christmas.

As a side issue, I lived in Detroit and at that time they were broadcasting radio programs (Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Sgt. Preston) and some TV programs there. One was Cinderella Weekend. My mother and aunt used to go to the broadcast occasionally and I was once selected to pick tickets for the contestants. I got a Prince Valiant crossbow with suction cup arrows. I took it home - shot my uncle - and he broke it. I owned it for about two hours. :D

But the one game show that really got my interest and the one I still enjoy and seek out today is Stump the Stars. (Only a few have been released but as these were syndicated I'm sure the 16mm prints must exist) When I first started watching it it was called Pantomime Quiz. Not only are the games fun but watching celebrities of the day joking and kidding around as just "real" people is really a kick. Here is one with the guests being the cast of another great old TV show "Perry Mason"

What a great story and great memories for you!! I love the game shows, keep 'em coming!

Last edited:

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Peter Loves Mary
Cara Williams Show
OK Crackerby
Hey Landlord
That's Life with Robert Morse and EJ Peaker

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I also recorded the Peter Loves Mary episodes from GetTV back in 2017 and put the episodes on to DVD's. GetTV didn't run all the episodes, they aired 28 of the 32 shows but I was able to obtain the 4 missing ones from another source. Not as good quality wise like the GetTV airings, but better than nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks