What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
mid December 2020 or earlier than that? Probably not that it matters at this point and hopefully Sony with fix the date issue. The 90 day label they list is the only thing I can come up with and even that doesn't line up exactly. It would a lot more sense (not that it makes really any at all) if the changeover date was Dec 1 which is around the date the last switch happened or Jan 1 just for the new year thing.
This was Sony's response:

Thank you for contacting Sony Rewards online support.

Please visit www.sonypicturesstore.com/sonyrewardsfreemovie and enter your code
You can reach Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Customer Service directly at [email protected] or 1-800-860-2878.​

Kind regards,

The Sony Rewards Team​

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Clicking the link in that message takes me to a page that says:

WHOOPS​

The page you were trying to view does not exist​

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Disney Hot Reward this week is a Frozen II pin that looks like the design from the film's teaser poster.

For the second wee in a row, it says to check the website on Wednesday for more new rewards, so I think they have probably moved to just announcing the Hot Reward on Mondays and not revealing other new items ahead of time.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Well to be consistent and show I'm not biased at all

169292832_10157695713771852_4809429290249012085_n.jpg

Hopefully the unannounced stuff will be as decent as last week

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Just as a reminder that today is the last day to get double points at Disney for buying Soul. Beginning tomorrow the movie will redeem at its normal point value only. So if you bought Soul and haven't entered the code yet, do it today.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Finally got a response from Sony Rewards:
Dear Todd,

We’re sorry you are not completely satisfied with our available movie offerings. We typically do a refresh of our movie list quarterly. However, we also run special promotions from time to time that will limit the selection of movies.

Please note you must redeem your code within ninety (90) days of receipt of the applicable email from Sony Rewards containing the Code link after completing a movie buff pass.

Kind regards,

The Sony Rewards Team

So, it looks like they are now trying to enforce that 90-day expiration to some extent....

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Surprise! Disney's Hot Reward this week is both Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War together for 400 points. Plus, they will each come with a 150 point DMR code in them. That makes the total cost for both Blu-rays 100 points once you add back in the points you'll get for redeeming them when they arrive. That is one of the best deals DMR/DMI has ever had and I would for sure redeem this except for the fact that I already have both of them in my collection. If you don't, though, that would be a really nice grab.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Looks like the Captain America double feature is Blu-ray only - no digital copy.

Those are the original releases from 2014 and 2016 respectively. I know because I have them. Back then, Disney was offering digital copies of Marvel films alongside the higher-priced Blu-ray 3D version of the film only. Subsequent reissues have added a digital copy to the 2D Blu-ray only version, but also took away the attractive cover art of these versions.

There is still a 150 point Disney Movie Rewards/now Insiders code in each of those discs. So if you redeemed them upon receiving the reward, it would make your total cost for the pair 100 points after being "reimbursed" by the codes inside.

That being said, it appears that this reward already sold out as it is no longer listed on the site.

Last edited:

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
At least it appears they updated in April though one person with an existing code is still seeing the old list of titles -- hopefully that will change soon too.
Bluray.com just posted this new list

Aloha HD
Annie (2014) 4K
Arthur Christmas HD
Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk 4K
Captain Phillips HD
Goosebumps 4K
Grown Ups 2 HD
Miracles From Heaven HD
Money Monster 4K
Passengers 4K
The Perfect Guy HD
The Shallows 4K
The Wedding Ringer HD
Think Like A Man Too HD
Zero Dark Thirty 4K
I can confirm this list. I used the method Todd posted from an e-mail I got on February 26.

Not sure what I'll get as the one that looks the most interesting to me is Passengers, which I already got as my very first Movie Buff, and the only one where they sent me a disc.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I can confirm this list. I used the method Todd posted from an e-mail I got on February 26.

Not sure what I'll get as the one that looks the most interesting to me is Passengers, which I already got as my very first Movie Buff, and the only one where they sent me a disc.
I wonder if Sony is even aware that they keep bringing back titles most people have already redeemed?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I remember seeing Chimpanzee in theaters years ago and liking it but haven't really thought about it since. Tim Allen was the narrator, which wouldn't be a problem on the face of it. But the problem was that the narration was excessive. I don't think there was really any substantial length of time in the film when he wasn't talking, and it actually became a distraction from the images on screen. While a narrator can be an asset for a film of that nature in certain circumstances, we don't need to be told everything we're seeing. I wish they had dialed it back a little bit and let the movie speak for itself too.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just got the following email from Disney:

Disney Movie Insiders said:
On June 3 2021, Disney Movie Insiders will resume our policy to expire points in member accounts where there has been prolonged points inactivity.
Beginning on this date and continuing after, your Disney Movie Insiders points will expire if you haven’t redeemed for a reward, or earned or redeemed any points in the previous 365 consecutive days. You can read more about our points expiration policy in our terms and conditions.
To find your most recent point history, click on your name in the upper left hand corner of the Disney Movie Insiders site and select “Point History.” In the app, you can simply click on the studio icon in the upper right hand corner and then select “Point History.”

Keeping Your Points Active Is Easy. Here's How.
Visit the site or open the app to log into your Disney Movie Insiders account. Once logged in, complete any of the following activities to keep your points active:
  • Redeem ANY reward
  • Download the Disney Movie Insiders app¹ (first time only)
  • Scan or upload eligible movie tickets²
  • Purchase movie tickets via an account linked to a participating partner³ (U.S. only)
  • Enter a code from an eligible Blu-ray™ disc or DVD
  • Get eligible digital movies via a linked account with MOVIES ANYWHERE™³ (U.S. only)
  • Link your account to a participating partner³ (first time only, per partner)
  • Enjoy interactive experiences, games and more⁴ (first time only, per game/experience)
This policy was paused last year due to the pandemic, but I barely noticed it. I am pretty sure that entering the bonus point codes would also count as entering a code. Account inactivity has never been an issue for me because there wouldn't be a 365 day period in which I don't buy at least one Disney title.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I just got the following email from Disney:

This policy was paused last year due to the pandemic, but I barely noticed it. I am pretty sure that entering the bonus point codes would also count as entering a code. Account inactivity has never been an issue for me because there wouldn't be a 365 day period in which I don't buy at least one Disney title.

Any activity add or subtracting counts. One of the reasons why it seems to me to be nearly impossible if you're remotely interested in DMR/DMI to lose your points. 12 Newsletters that you don;t even have to subscribe to, 2-5 freebies per month even if you did nothing else. Even those 20 3-pointers around Christmas should reset your clock.

And even then, if you email and complain (or just ask), 90%+ of the time they give the points back if you don't wait until the system is completely purged (seems to be another 6-12 months).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks