What's new

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Hot Reward for the week is Chimpanzee and The Crimson Wing together for 400 points or Chimpanzee on its own is 800 points? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and demonstrates how random and ill-thought-out the point values are. There's literally no reason at all for anyone to get Chimpanzee by itself for twice the price.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Loki.jpg

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I can confirm this list. I used the method Todd posted from an e-mail I got on February 26.

Not sure what I'll get as the one that looks the most interesting to me is Passengers, which I already got as my very first Movie Buff, and the only one where they sent me a disc.

I wonder if Sony is even aware that they keep bringing back titles most people have already redeemed?
The phone lines are open again at Sony Rewards and finally got through to a reasonable person who was willing to take the time to listen to me. After several minutes on hold, she came back and said that there is a known issue with older Movie Buff Pass codes (prior to 12/2020) issuing the out-dated list of movies and that it is being worked on. No time-frame, but she did promise that a supervisor would be reaching out to me via e-mail "soon." I'll give them two weeks to respond and then try calling again.

Chip_HT

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chip
So I just clicked on the link from my Sony movie buff code e-mail that I got in February but haven't redeemed yet. It's giving me a different list of movies:
-Christine
-St. Elmo's Fire
-The Last Dragon
-Steel Magnolias
-My Girl
-Big Daddy
-Joe Dirt
-Christmas with the Kranks
-Ultraviolet
-The Benchwarmers

Not sure about HD vs. 4K, though.

David Norman

Premium
I went ahead and completed a pass -- I'm seeing the same list of 10 items and I think they're all HDX. 5 of the 6 aren't showing an upgrade and I already had Christine 4K (Bluray.com now saying Christine is 4K). The other 4 aren't saying though I thought it usually did have a 4K in the Pic if that was an option.

Already in MA
Christine (this appears to be 4K)
St Elmos Fire
My Girl
Ultraviolet
Joe Dirt ( I must have gotten this at Big Lots or Dollar Tree. I can't imagine I'd bought it for more than $2-3)
The Last Dragon

Big Daddy and The Benchwarmers are just another pair of throwaways
Kranks is OK and no Bluray makes it my 2nd choice.
Steel Magnolias easily the winner out of those 4 those and I don't think a 4K disc is in the wings.

Sony has this penchant for all the awful ex-SNL alumni movies - how many bad Sandler, Spade, and Ferrell movies do they carry?

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Universal has posted this month's free movie rewards:

Atonement
Milk
About a Boy
It's Kind of a Funny Story
Notting Hill

It's kind of refreshing to see that there are no made for video sequels this month!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The phone lines are open again at Sony Rewards and finally got through to a reasonable person who was willing to take the time to listen to me. After several minutes on hold, she came back and said that there is a known issue with older Movie Buff Pass codes (prior to 12/2020) issuing the out-dated list of movies and that it is being worked on. No time-frame, but she did promise that a supervisor would be reaching out to me via e-mail "soon." I'll give them two weeks to respond and then try calling again.
It's been a week, and no response, so I called again. The rep said my older codes that are bringing up the old December list have expired. End of line. :angry:

David Norman

Premium
I have to ask, what company is offering this Columbia House type of deal?

The deal isn't exactly as it looks and actually can be quite good if you're qualified. You don't have to buy 3 full priced items at once and there's no exclusion for buying a bunch of other items with your 50-60% discount applied along with the Regular item. It not strictly B3 G1 free with no other discounts applying.

There was some hope that a new signup would be able to buy their 2 Fulfillment Title, then use their Bonus B1G60% off offer and qualify for the extra $3.95 title, but I think that's not likely going to work, but it hasn't been completely ruled out yet.

Example:
I bought Fantasia along with about 8 other 60% off items including shockingly Desperate Housewives Complete Chest Limited Edition $100 item that for some reason Fantasia discounted to $40 (also OOP and selling $150-200 on Ebay), I bought New Mutants 4K along with 7 other 60% off titles including Black Cauldron and Nomadland so I'm at 2 already. I just need one other purchase before June 30 and I'll qualify for the extra 3.95 Title buying stuff I was already going to buy anyway. Of the 15 extra items I bought along -- most of them were either 4K or items that aren't enrollment eligible so there was no advantage to doing a re-enrollment and getting them cheaper.

My only question is how wide a selection of titles will be available to choose from -- most similar things in the past have allowed virtually any of the enrollment eligible selections, but this is the first after the Fox titles have been added to the club so perhaps the selection could be upwards of 200-250 Blurays. Not much different than DMI redemptions would have been in the past, but likely a much larger selection of titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors