What's new

David Norman

Premium
Great news regarding Sony Rewards - we no longer need to use their buggy smartphone app to register discs AND get credit for digital purchases when we link our Movies Anywhere account with our Sony Rewards account!
View attachment 93222

Now just need them to update their redemption list every month or two instead of 6-9 months. I have one current Freebie and at least another 2 I could complete, but literally nothing to get. I've got everything including the 4K upgrades and several of them I used on stuff I have no interest in (Holmes and Watson, Emoji Movies).

It's almost as bad at Universal. I'm now up to 60K points and have nothing to get that I want -- at least there I do have a few choices of things I just don't want. I was going to break down and get Little Rascals even though I know I'd hate it. I could get Cheersmack, but I'm sure that could be held against me in a court of law (or Divorce Court). At least they change things monthly

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Now just need them to update their redemption list every month or two instead of 6-9 months. I have one current Freebie and at least another 2 I could complete, but literally nothing to get. I've got everything including the 4K upgrades and several of them I used on stuff I have no interest in (Holmes and Watson, Emoji Movies).

It's almost as bad at Universal. I'm now up to 60K points and have nothing to get that I want -- at least there I do have a few choices of things I just don't want. I was going to break down and get Little Rascals even though I know I'd hate it. I could get Cheersmack, but I'm sure that could be held against me in a court of law (or Divorce Court). At least they change things monthly
Sony still thinks they update that list monthly.....

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I just redeemed two Sony codes on Movies Anywhere after linking my accounts, and within 10 minutes the redemption was recorded and awarded on Sony Rewards.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Just a reminder for anyone interested in picking up this week's new release of Soul that Disney is offering double points for purchases redeemed through April 6. I did this yesterday.

All you have to do is enter the code as normal and the points credited will be double the normal value. That means 400 for the 4K Blu-ray or 300 for the Blu-ray+DVD. I suppose this would technically also double the standalone DVD from 100 points to 200, but I don't know of anybody around these parts who would still be interested in a DVD only release of something that is available in HD.

Last edited:

Chip_HT

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chip
I'm guessing Sony hasn't updated their list since the one that got posted in December. Is it possible to check their list without burning a code?

David Norman

Premium
Seems like there is a way to check, but someone usually reports pretty quickly when a new group of items is eligible.

I'm actually pretty sure if you enter the code and are taken to the list of items you don't actually burn the code until you make a selection, but I don't really want to chance that though I think I've done it. I actually have a code ready to go, but I mean literally nothing to get (not a new movie, not a 4K upgrade to something I already own, I mean literally nothing)

I think the December list was the last update and Spring 2020 before that so I'm not really expecting anything until summer.

David Norman

Premium
Well, it's that time again

DMI previews for 3/31

Honestly, not even sure what this is -- Book? Mini Poster?

166314645_10157681896271852_5332068807921235579_o.jpg

Well I looked but that's all I could find

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Seems like there is a way to check, but someone usually reports pretty quickly when a new group of items is eligible.

I'm actually pretty sure if you enter the code and are taken to the list of items you don't actually burn the code until you make a selection, but I don't really want to chance that though I think I've done it. I actually have a code ready to go, but I mean literally nothing to get (not a new movie, not a 4K upgrade to something I already own, I mean literally nothing)

I think the December list was the last update and Spring 2020 before that so I'm not really expecting anything until summer.
If you click on the link provided in the e-mail Sony Rewards sends you, it will take you to a list that never gives you enough time to actually read all of the available titles before it forwards you to the Movies Anywhere code redemption page and fill in your free movie code. I'll then cut and paste that code into the Movies Anywhere redemption page in a private browser or incognito window, hit redeem, and it will take me to a list of available movies and ask me to log in in order to redeem.

1617058839345.png

David Norman

Premium
New Rewards and one of these it not like the other and likely won't survive until I finish the post. Not far wrong -- now showing OOS on my page

Disney Princess Royally Fierce -- HOT REWARD 400
Marvel Studios' Marvel: Powers Of A Girl 900
Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel: What Makes a Hero 750
Cruella Teaser Poster 800

Star Wars: Kylo Ren Premium Format Figure (Sideshow Collectibles) 26000 nearly $600 at Sideshow (and OOS, possibly sold out) and currently listed over $800 at Amazon

image.png

Must admit I do like this poster, but I'm not entirely sure who it's aimed at. I can just imagine the response to the pseudo "pentacle" at the top -- poster upright, she's good, poster upside down -- maybe not

image.png

When I first saw it I immediately flashed to something like this

sin_city.jpg

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Sony still thinks they update that list monthly.....

At least it appears they updated in April though one person with an existing code is still seeing the old list of titles -- hopefully that will change soon too.
Bluray.com just posted this new list

Aloha HD
Annie (2014) 4K
Arthur Christmas HD
Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk 4K
Captain Phillips HD
Goosebumps 4K
Grown Ups 2 HD
Miracles From Heaven HD
Money Monster 4K
Passengers 4K
The Perfect Guy HD
The Shallows 4K
The Wedding Ringer HD
Think Like A Man Too HD
Zero Dark Thirty 4K

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Universal updated their list today:

For A Good Time Call (Unrated)
For A Good Time Call (Theatrical)
The Cat in the Hat
Accepted
United 93
Vanity Fair
Johnny English

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
At least it appears they updated in April though one person with an existing code is still seeing the old list of titles -- hopefully that will change soon too.

Aloha HD
Annie (2014) 4K
Arthur Christmas HD
Captain Phillips HD
Goosebumps 4K
Grown Ups 2 HD
Miracles From Heaven HD
Money Monster 4K
Passengers 4K
The Perfect Guy HD
The Shallows 4K
The Wedding Ringer HD
Think Like A Man Too HD
Zero Dark Thirty 4K
I'm seeing the same old titles:
1617317356766.png

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

Aloha HD
Annie (2014) 4K
Arthur Christmas HD
Captain Phillips HD
Goosebumps 4K
Grown Ups 2 HD
Miracles From Heaven HD
Money Monster 4K
Passengers 4K
The Perfect Guy HD
The Shallows 4K
The Wedding Ringer HD
Think Like A Man Too HD
Zero Dark Thirty 4K

I'm seeing the same old titles:
View attachment 93767
OK - here is what I am seeing in regards to Sony: older codes are showing the older titles, while newer codes (issued in the last 30 days or so) are showing the newer list of titles. Sounds like we all may need to file tickets with Sony Rewards again....

1617318011395.png

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Tried contacting Sony Rewards today, and this is what appears on their Contact Us page:

Our phone support is temporarily closed. If you require assistance, please submit your inquiry via the CONTACT US form. Please note that all orders need to be place via our website, as we are unable to assist with placing orders via email.

David Norman

Premium
OK - here is what I am seeing in regards to Sony: older codes are showing the older titles, while newer codes (issued in the last 30 days or so) are showing the newer list of titles. Sounds like we all may need to file tickets with Sony Rewards again....

A bit more information. I have a early January code that shows me the New Movie choices. At least one Bluray.com member is reporting his codes around 12/13 change from Old to New.

Still a pain and hopefully Sony will fix it, but if you have codes issued in about the last 100 days (since about mid Dec) you should be good.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
A bit more information. I have a early January code that shows me the New Movie choices. At least one Bluray.com member is reporting his codes around 12/13 change from Old to New.

Still a pain and hopefully Sony will fix it, but if you have codes issued in about the last 100 days (since about mid Dec) you should be good.
I have three codes issued in 2020 that show the old titles, and one code issued last month that shows the newer list of titles.

David Norman

Premium
I have three codes issued in 2020 that show the old titles, and one code issued last month that shows the newer list of titles.

mid December 2020 or earlier than that? Probably not that it matters at this point and hopefully Sony with fix the date issue. The 90 day label they list is the only thing I can come up with and even that doesn't line up exactly. It would a lot more sense (not that it makes really any at all) if the changeover date was Dec 1 which is around the date the last switch happened or Jan 1 just for the new year thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors