What's new

No more dts tracks on Columbia/Tri-Star releases? (1 Viewer)

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
What's going on with Sony? Spider-Man and Men In Black II have both been announced without DTS soundtracks. Are they gonna wait for the Super Collector's version or perhaps the Super Bit edition so that we have to own two versions of the same title?

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Are the Super Bits going to have the same features as the standard SE DVD's?

If so, then ultimately Superbits = DTS = I can ignore them utterly.

We'll see how it develops.

Matt

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Superbit = DTS + Maximized video bitrate - All supplements

Superbit Deluxe = DTS + Maximized video bitrate + extras - commentaries on the movie disk

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
I'm afraid it's to make space for the Pan & Scan version. Spiderman, I'll buy anyway even without DTS, but Enough, I'll wait for the Superbits.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Martin,

Both Spider-Man & Men In Black II have dual releases. Each with different cover designs.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I think I will wait for the Superbit release for both movies. I have no interest in buying 2 copies of the same movie. Just like Lord of the Rings I have put off buying that title until the directors cut with dts comes out. I feel that if they want to put out a pan and scan of MIB2 or Spiderman. They should put out widescreen and pan & scan on two different discs.
12:12am we are rocking here in So Cal:D just had a small earthquake, hopefully not a foreshock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks