What's new

No Audio from Optical fiber and HDMI (1 Viewer)

massmass

Auditioning
Real Name
masoud
Hi there,
I purchased a LG smart TV 42LM670T last week
I purchased a Panasonic blu ray home cinema 5.1Model SCBTT490 yesterday. I connected Audio from LG smart TV 42LM670T via digital fiber optical port to the panasonic I also connected a HDMI cable from high speed cable from HDMI1 (ARC) port to HDMI out on panasonic.
when I play a DVD or bluray Audio and video work fine but when I want to see a TV , there is no sound from TV on the extra speakers(home cinema)
I made speakers off on LG TV
I changed Tv digital section to Digital in on panasonic home cinema
I also changed on panasinic Digital input to Digital In.
I can see red light on the end side of digital fiber optic as well,
but unfortunatly I dont have TV sound to the home cinema speakers.
could you poissbly help me that how can I fix this issue? and where this issue comes from?:confused:

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
When you turned the speakers "off"...
Did you turn the volume up?
There may also be a setting for fixed/variable...set it to fixed.
The "turning the volume up" is a common thing to miss...as I've seen owners manuals not mention it...

massmass

Auditioning
Real Name
masoud
Yes Volume is UP.. there is a PCM fix for ARC / Digital in / HTMI1 & 2 which all is on.
I had another test with same result. as the HDMI1 smart TV port support ARC evan on panasonic HDMI in suppirt ARC as well. I removed fiber optic and changed all setting to ARC but still no audio.:-s

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Weird...
This TV does support ARC, correct? Most TV here in the US list it in the "features blurb". I'm not downloading a 25k file(owners manual) just to see...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Well, it is possible LG and Panasonic don't play nice together...
ARC is dependent on HDMI CEC to be on. Maybe Viera link(what Panny calls it) and Simplay(what LG calls it) don't work together in this instance...
Won't be the first time...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way, turn off the Simplay and Viera link...
Then try the optical cable. It could be that the "default" inside either of them when you turn the CEC on is to use ARC. But if the ARC is incompatible...there is no sense in using it...
When they are both "off" the optical should then work.
Also...
ARC is a great idea...implemented badly...

massmass

Auditioning
Real Name
masoud
I did Viera Link off and again plug fiber optic , changed TV audio input to Digital in also there is Digital Audio input for ARC, Digital IN , DMI1& 2 all PCM-FIx are off , no changes on result :(

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
^^^^
Don't understand any of that...
ARC is not the same as optical, so once ARC is off...no need to mention it.
The TV does not have digital input, so I can only assume you meant digital input on the Panny HTiB.
When the Panny HTiB is on digital input...
And the TV is set for Optical output (not ARC)
You should have audio. Period.
By the way, what "source" are you using for audio from the TV? Apps, OTA or some other HDMI(if HDMI...what is THAT source?)?
Edit:
By the way, there are a BUNCH of "smart TV"(as in TV with APPS, not meaning "LG with APPS")...the app audio is held hostage in the TV...which makes the whole point of Netflix/Youtube/Pandora moot.
Our Panasonic 42" plasma...the app audio can't leave the TV.

massmass

Auditioning
Real Name
masoud
these setting was related to panaosnic blu ray home cinema SCBTT490/ digital tv input is for this .
I tried ARC to get Audio via HDMI and also tried optic for audio , thiese connections is for LG smart TV to my Home cinema ( Panasonic). none of them have Audio, but when I play DVD I have sorround Audio.

massmass

Auditioning
Real Name
masoud
no audio , thats it,
there is pannel on panasonic when I go on a tuned channel , It sayd if you cant hear sound check Fiber optic or speaker power which I checked both , and looks fine

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I'll reiterate a question Sam asked earlier that may have been overlooked.

What is your source for TV? Satellite? Cable? Do you have a set top box and if so, is that connected to the TV via HDMI? If so, you may want to try a digital optical connection directly from your cable/satellite box to the Panasonic Home Theater system for the audio. Bypass the TV altogether and take it out of the equation.

TVs are not intended to serve as A/V hubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks