What's new

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
So terrible. Nick was truly the epitome of the phrase "a gentleman and a scholar." Appropriately enough, my latest Twilight Time purchae — BEAT THE DEVIL — turned up today. I am certain Nick has done just that. RIP.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
First Carol Channing, now him. How awful it is to have heard this news. Thank goodness that when Nick was alive, he was able to contribute an invaluable service to further the preservation of movie music.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mr. Redman's commentaries (and not just for TT titles -- I coincidentally listened to his track on THE OMEN last night, before this news hit) usually began with "Hello, I'm Nick Redman...film historian, documentary filmmaker and record producer," and I simply knew I was in good and knowledgeable hands. The man was so astute and succinct that I learned a ton of information about the film he was commenting on, often in the role of interviewer, asking all the right and pertinent questions of those sharing the track with him while adding his own anecdotes to the mix.

I, too, was aware he hadn't been well, and it was cancer that killed him (as it has about every other person I've known in and outside of my family). This disease could be controlled or even eradicated if the government would properly fund the research. Meanwhile, because it isn't, we lose a Nick Redman far too often and way-y too young.

If you are somehow reading this, sir, my heartfelt thanks for your wonderful work. Best to Julie in the wake of this awful news.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Oh no. I only "knew" him via this board but respected his work and his passion, and appreciated the great Twilight Time product. My condolences to his family. RIP, Nick.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im also am saddened by this, I was proud to be a friend with him for many years on social media and enjoyed having the occasional chit chat with him. He was a great person and a friendly, mate ! The only good thing about this is that he is in now a better place...

Last edited:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Very Sad News. Beyond that, what more can one say? But I wanted to add my voice to all the others. Many condolences to Julie.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was fortunate to meet him and Julie at the last HTF Meet and was even more honored to be included as one of his Facebook friends, despite only meeting him briefly. I'm saddened by the news of his death, and my heart goes out to Julie and his daughter, whom I know he loved so dearly.

RIP Nick. I will think of you often.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
What very sad news indeed, especially to those of us who collect the classic films that Nick Redman released on the Twilight Time label. I had the pleasure of corresponding with him several times and he came across as a very kind, friendly gentleman. His lively commentaries with partner Julie Kirgo were a highlight of numerous TT discs and he will be greatly missed. My sincere condolences to Julie and Nick's family. Let's hope that Julie and Nick's business partner (Brian Jamieson?) will continue releasing titles on TT, as Nick would surely have wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks