What's new

Nht Sb3 & Sc2 (1 Viewer)

Arthur

Grip
Couldn't pass the auction on e-bay. Won the SB3 for $345.00 (regular $600.) and found the SC2 for $289. from the internet (regular $400).

Originally, I was interested on Axiom M22 but I have read about their weakest link which is center speaker. ($400 + $220)

The rocket lse cse does not have in black color and also a 6 ohm speakers (only have a mediocre receiver). ($499 + 299)

Now, my questions, Did I make a right decision or any taught on SB3/SC2 combination?

Thanks for input.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
I have heard that the SB3 is a nice speaker. Have not heard much on the SC2. Also have to remember that the SB3 is not quite as efficient as the Axiom or Rocket.

Was gloss black a must have?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The NHTs are low sensitivity due to the fact that they are sealed, and likely want as much power as a 6 Ohm speaker to preform well, though they will be less likely to strain the amp. That's a pretty good price for the SB3, and I like the speakers. Nice clean bass, especially for their size, good imaging, a tad bright in the highs, but good speakers. I heard them with the SC2, but didn't pay much attention to the center to be honest (though it sounded fine to me).

I've never heard of anyone complaining about the Axiom VP150 center, though I have heard some say the VP100 is a bit thin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks