What's new

Marantz sr7300ose (1 Viewer)

Arthur

Grip
I couldn't resist this receiver thru e-bay. My final bid was for $635. and won (receiver is new). Is this price reasonable? I read a lot about this receiver in a positive side besides the drop-out/delay. Also, is this a good match with my recent purchase of NHT SB3 with SC2 center? I was told here at the forum that I needed a lot of juice for the NHT speakers. Would the juice from this receiver enough?
If you have anything to add about this receiver, please let me know. Thanks.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That seems like a pretty good price for a NIB unit, especially since the 8200 and 8300 are going for around 800-900 used right now.

Should work well with those speakers. They are on the bright/detailed side to me, and the warmer nature of Marantz should pair well with them. Unless you have a very large room, that should be enough power for them. I like the SB3, M5 and M6.

gregD

Second Unit
What John said... should be a great system... and a right price.

Furthermore, just in case you do experience a dropout / delay problem... that particular issue has been well-documented by now, and the authorized Marantz repair facility near Chicago seems well aware of it and capable of fixing it.

John Wilson, Servicewide Service Dept
2239 Curtiss St • Downers Grove IL 60515
630-969-7333

John can be difficult to reach, but he's knowledgeable and helpful once you do.

That said... dropout / delay did not seem to be an issue with the 7300ose, despite a few isolated reports.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. I'm keeping that info aside. I did try at least one 7300 ose at a store and it had the same dropout problem that my older 6200 and another 6400 had. Cuts off the beginning split second of the tracks. If they have fixed the issue, thats terrific. I'm going to look into that further. (EDIT) The 7300 ose should definitely sound nice. I currently have an SR 8000 and it certainly sounds nice (the SR 8000 has similar design, ie copper chassis etc).

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I have one in a secondary basement system (as Chris knows) and have not on ltd. playing had a drop-out issue. I normally don't use the DACs in the rec'r for music playback as I have an SACD player, a DVD-A player and an outboard DAC (for CDs) which get used on analog connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks