What's new
World Wide Stereo

New to Surround Sound, Help me with my setup! (1 Viewer)

kevin82287

Auditioning
Real Name
kevin

Hello everyone,   I'd love to get some help setting up my new equipment. I recently purchased a Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver and my plan was to hookup my existing Logitech Z-5500 subwoofer and speakers to the receiver. I also have two Pioneer SH253BK speakers that I might consider using for my two front speakers.   My question to you all is, can I hook up the Z-5500 subwoofer to this receiver? I've read a few different threads (including here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1134243) and it looks like a few people have been successful. I'm still confused on what connections I would use to hook it up though. I am on a pretty tight budget and if someone could help me accomplish this, I would really appreciate it!   I should also mention that I am living in a condo middle unit (but with only 1 neighbor). The unit has an 8" concrete firewall between my neightbor and I also put extra insulation on the common wall where my entertainment system is going to be. I read about Dynamic Range Compression and this seems like something that would be good to keep the sound levels consistent. I plan on throwing some rubber pads underneath my subwoofer to help mitigate vibrations as well.   Devices: - Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver - Time Warner Cable Box - PS3     If anyone has any other tips, comments, or questions I'd love to hear them. Thanks for your help!   KevinHello everyone,

I'd love to get some help setting up my new equipment. I recently purchased a Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver and my plan was to hookup my existing Logitech Z-5500 subwoofer and speakers to the receiver. I also have two Pioneer SH253BK speakers that I might consider using for my two front speakers.

My question to you all is, can I hook up the Z-5500 subwoofer to this receiver? I've read a few different threads (including here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1134243) and it looks like a few people have been successful. I'm still confused on what connections I would use to hook it up though. I am on a pretty tight budget and if someone could help me accomplish this, I would really appreciate it!

I should also mention that I am living in a condo middle unit (but with only 1 neighbor). The unit has an 8" concrete firewall between my neightbor and I also put extra insulation on the common wall where my entertainment system is going to be. I read about Dynamic Range Compression and this seems like something that would be good to keep the sound levels consistent. I plan on throwing some rubber pads underneath my subwoofer to help mitigate vibrations as well.

Devices:
- Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver
- Time Warner Cable Box
- PS3

If anyone has any other tips, comments, or questions I'd love to hear them. Thanks for your help!

KevinHello everyone,

I'd love to get some help setting up my new equipment. I recently purchased a Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver and my plan was to hookup my existing Logitech Z-5500 subwoofer and speakers to the receiver. I also have two Pioneer SH253BK speakers that I might consider using for my two front speakers.

My question to you all is, can I hook up the Z-5500 subwoofer to this receiver? I've read a few different threads (including here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1134243) and it looks like a few people have been successful. I'm still confused on what connections I would use to hook it up though. I am on a pretty tight budget and if someone could help me accomplish this, I would really appreciate it!

I should also mention that I am living in a condo middle unit (but with only 1 neighbor). The unit has an 8" concrete firewall between my neightbor and I also put extra insulation on the common wall where my entertainment system is going to be. I read about Dynamic Range Compression and this seems like something that would be good to keep the sound levels consistent. I plan on throwing some rubber pads underneath my subwoofer to help mitigate vibrations as well.

Devices:
- Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver
- Time Warner Cable Box
- PS3

If anyone has any other tips, comments, or questions I'd love to hear them. Thanks for your help!

Kevin

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Try this one. Seems to have better instructions for the sub, that worked

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1017630

kevin82287

Auditioning
Real Name
kevin
Sorry, I don't think I was fully clear. I understand that I could use the Logitech controller to hook it up to the receiver but I have an extra set of the speakers without a controller. So I'd like to hook the subwoofer directly into the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks