What's new

New Samsung DVD player with DVI output? (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Todd,
There is a long thread on it over at AVS. Needless to say it's not getting positive reviews. I do like the look of it but I wasn't impressed with the PQ at all. This was Shrek via DVI to a Samsung DLP.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Todd,
There is a long thread on it over at AVS. Needless to say it's not getting positive reviews. I do like the look of it but I wasn't impressed with the PQ at all. This was Shrek via DVI to a Samsung DLP.

Randy C Sr

Stunt Coordinator
I bought one from Costco 2 weeks ago. I just tried to hook it up last night using the DVI output and cannot get it to display a picture unless I use something other than the DVI output. I connected it to a BenQ PE8700 projector. I have tried everything including reviewing the tips at the CC site reviewers comments. Tomorrow it goes back to the store. I posted a thread on the S&V Video forum.

By the way. The price has dropped. Costco was $99. Someone posted that they saw it @ CC for $99.98 on the S&V forum

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i owned this one for a while. it's actually a pretty good unit imo. it has the dcdi chip, which is a nice plus. i had mine hooked up to a mits 65" rptv. the pic quality is slightly better then progressive. you had to look for it, but it was there -- with a slightly brighter picture, as well as smoother jaggies.

you are aware that this is an old model though...right? the latest ones (850 & 950) have hdmi outputs.

edit - cancel that comment about the dcdi chip...i just double-checked and it's the 941 that has it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks