What's new

NEW Rotel RSP-1098 (1 Viewer)

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
I'm happy to announce the VERY First Pictures anywhere of the new Rotel RSP-1098 from CES are out and can be found Here
Let's just say...it's a LOOKER! :emoji_thumbsup:
E

Yogi

Screenwriter
So does the 1098 have a color LCD panel in the front. Does that mean I can get rid of my TV and watch the picture right on the front panel of the prepro:) Just kidding.
It does look sweet though.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
At the MSRP it is listed, I would think they would include balanced inputs/outputs to capture more market. Unless, of course, they are coming out with Big Daddy to compete with Krell, Lexicon and the like.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Maybe that's something as simple as a card swap bill? just guessing though I don't know much for sure yet.

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
I still can not pull this baby up?

Are you saying this has one of those 4 to 5 inch screens like some of the mark levinsons, fosgates, bel canto's etc?

not sure if i like that, actually, i dont think i like it.

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Rich, yep, looks like it has one of those screens! Unless it's a HUGE .dot matrix screen! LOL...for those visually impaired Audio/Video nuts! :D
E

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
mats keeps tweaking the new server so its up and then down again...it should be up more reliably shortly

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Great. So I buy the 1066 today and the 1098 comes out!

But that's OK. I saw the post on the 1098 before I went to the dealer. I dropped the bomb on him about the 1098. He hadn't even seen it yet, although he knew something was in the works.

Got the 1066 for very good price and a full credit if I want to upgrade to the 1098 next year.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Mark that's one nice thing about getting to know the VP of the company and having his support for the Club Rotel:)

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
finally saw it...

thought it was kind of weird with 4 component ins and only 8 digital ins...

also would have preferred balanced outs, but thats not really important...

i find it interesting that rotel makes a $2k 5 channel amp that has balanced ins but not a single product that can take advantage of it.

Just the opposite of the Anthem which has balanced ins but I dont think their amps have balanced ins...

Wonder why companies do that...

I guess rotel is saying that their amps are pro quality, while anthem is saying its pre is pro quality.

Also not thrilled with the big screen. I understand why they do it, but I just don't like it.

If this thing really is in the mid $2k's its biggest competitor I think would be the Sunfire (which has balanced outs). I am not sure what the anthem goes for, and I think the top end arcam is more. The naim av2 is more as well...

Interesting....can't wait to see more details.

Rich

DanaA

Screenwriter
Wow, it's kind of a monster. Bet it sounds great, but I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon. Happy enough with the sound of my 1066. Nice to see Rotel offering two lines now though.

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
Andrew, when making changes to my Carver (with much more limited functionality) I never needed to use the OSD. That thing had a button for everything.

Okay, I'll stop whining about my old carver.....

Hurrah for Rotel.

Now if they put out this pre pro and make it somewhat customizable, i will need rotel to put out a very nice universal dvd audio/sacd player.

Then I may just forget about the Naim AV2 et al and just get some nice rotel amps, that pre, and the universal player....

Rich

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Just the opposite of the Anthem which has balanced ins but I dont think their amps have balanced ins...
I realize that this is a Rotel thread, but I thought I would add to this comment. The Anthem AVM-20 has balanced outputs. The Anthem "MCA" amps have balanced inputs, whereas the "PVA" amps do not.

Michael

kevitra

Second Unit
About balanced outputs - both current Rotel stereo preamps have balanced outputs. Maybe they are thinking only hardcore 2 channel people want them? (a mistake in my opinion - they should offer everything they can)

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
Thanks Michael, thats why i said I think, as I knew the PVA's didnt but was too lazy to check on the MCA's.

Kevrita, the 5 channel RMB 1095 has balanced ins for 5 channels, but Rotel does not have balanced outs for 5 channels, i think that is kind of weird.

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks