What's new

New HT in Sun City, Ca (1 Viewer)

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don

What's your optical equipment for running these? Obviously an anamorphic lens to unsqueeze the image, but do you also have a polariser that's split vertically?
Stephen I use the standard over/under 3D lens and simply turn it 90 degrees and that converts it to a side by side lens. The same 3D glasses are used for both over/under and side by side formats. I can play 3D movies using either Dolby 3D filters or Panavision filters. It seems the Panavision has a better color display than the Dolby filters. And yes, the side by side takes an anamorphic in the front to unsqueeze the image. It too is turned 90 degrees like the rear split lens.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
From tonight's screening of Friday the 13th in 3D which is evident from the double image!

IMG-8754.jpg

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Stephen my lens use Dolby filters and we use the same 3D glasses you get in the commercial theatres. I use test loops to align the lens to the correct spacing numbers and the end result is as you say a "rock solid" alignment.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I knew you had both Dolby and Panavision filters, so I was curious.
I like the Panavision filters for the color but the lens I'm using won't allow me to adjust the spacing requirements for all the different movies. The spacing for Friday the 13th is one I can't adjust for maximum viewing. The Dolby lens allows me to set spacing for all different movies.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Does anyone know of a 3D BD player other than the OPPO that has two HDMI video/audio outputs. Just beginning a search but so far most have one for video and audio the other HDMI is for audio only. I need two video/audio HDMI outputs. When my OPPO gives out I want to buy a new one, not a used OPPO.
Even the newer $6,800 OPPO has only one video/audio output.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I wonder if this will kill my 3D?

(It is not possible to output 3D, 4K or HDR content from the HDMI AUDIO OUT/HDMI VIDEO OUT
terminal when “Video+Audio” is selected.)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I wonder if this will kill my 3D?

(It is not possible to output 3D, 4K or HDR content from the HDMI AUDIO OUT/HDMI VIDEO OUT
terminal when “Video+Audio” is selected.)
It looks like it. If I find anything else that won't break the bank, I'll let you know. I suspect it's a chip issue, and it looks like it's across the Panasonic range. :huh:

Last edited:

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
It occurred to me the the specs on our home screening have changed since my first post on this Forum. Since I can't edit a post that old I have copied, pasted and corrected my original post. Find the updated spec sheet below:
After moving from Atlanta, Ga to Sun City, Ca our home screening room is 99% complete.
It was built on the same design as our other HT except with much higher ceilings, larger projection booth and new JBL surround speakers (4 on the side walls and two in the rear).
Projection consist of a Kinoton PK-60D 35mm projector, Epson 5010 digital projector ceiling mounted above the projection port window in the rear, Dolby CP500 digital processor, QSC DCA power amps with all JBL Pro Cinema speakers. I've added a second JBL 18" sub to this install as well. Blu Ray player is an Oppo BD-103. We screen 35mm features in SRD, DTS, SDDS as well as SR, Dolby A and Mono. We have a full travel curtain and auto side masking tied to the automation.
The screen is a Harkness matte white version 11' X 5', mini-perf.
We have a concession area as well consisting of a restored 1950 Manley theatre size popcorn machine and a theatre style hot dog steamer.

Last edited:

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Found a nice new home for my Friday the 13th 3D print in Europe. Trying to decide what to replace it with. I'm between a Technicolor print of Airport or a Technicolor print of Finian's Rainbow. Maybe I should buy both!!! I like 'em both a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks