What's new

New HDTV, PS2/Xbox connections (1 Viewer)

Justin Baker

Auditioning
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a Mitsubish 55-859 16x9 widescreen HDTV and have only hooked up a couple of things. I have my DVD hooked up to component video and everything else is SVideo. I have a PS2 and also an Xbox. I have been able to determine that setting up the Xbox on component video is optimal so I will be purchasing the High-Def adapter for it. My questions is will the PS2 look any better at all if I change the display from SVideo to Component or will it be no different?

Thanks in advance..

Justin

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Not a heckuva lot though. It will still be 480i resolution, & S-video and component are very similar at 480i. I'd get component just for kicks, but I wouldn't put a lot of cash into it & expect a big difference...

-Dave

Peter Loan

Second Unit
I am pretty sure your TV only has two component inputs. Since the difference between Svideo and component for the PS2 will be minimal, I'd just stick with Svideo. Definitely used component for your DVD and Xbox. That's how I have my gear hooked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks