component switching

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by KellerChris, Sep 26, 2003.

1. KellerChris

KellerChris Auditioning

Hi, new member here. I was planning on buying a 16:9 HDTV that has 2 HD connections. I plan on hooking my progressive scan DVD player up through the first and a JVC switch box through the second. Through the switch box I plan on having my xbox, GC and ps2 hooked up with component cables.

Now the switch I am looking at is:
    found at crutchfield, I cannot post a url yet, not until I get more posts under my belt.

The component signal is rated at 30 MHZ, so basically I was wondering if that was good enough to really keep a nice high def image or if there would be significant loss of image quality. If a good amount of image quality would be lost, I would appreciate a link to a place where I could buy a better switch box. Thanks.[​IMG]

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

A lot of your questions are covered in this thread on Inexpensive HD Video Switching.

Basically, you want cables and switch that has 4-times your maximum frequency of bandwidth. The thread above lists several models.