What's new

Need movie clip ideas for work. (1 Viewer)

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Hi Gang! My boss at my "real" job now knows that I am an actor and also a movie buff. Now she wants me to come up with some movie clips for a presentation. There are 2 clips that I am stumped with. I need your expert help with the following: 1. A clip that displays the adage "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it." - so far, the movie "Big" was one I thought of. Need some others. 2. A clip that displays the adage "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't." - this one I am really stumped on. I just cant think of a good movie clip that has that theme. Help me out my movie-geek brethren!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
"Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it." Yeah, 'Big' was my first thought too. Another obvious one is 'It's a Wonderful Life'. Maybe 'Brewster's Millions'. This is a good one, but it's taking too many brain cells for a work day. I'll try again this evening.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Scott, This site is a great way to sort through all kinds of TV tropes, but they also mention a fair amount of movies as well: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BeCarefulWhatYouWishFor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BetterTheDevilYouKnow You might be able to find TV/movie clips on YouTube to upload. Another thought: the ad campaign for the movie "Coraline" states "Be Careful What You Wish For". And there is a movie called "The Devil You Know".

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Another idea for "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't" would be to show a clip of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz upset with Miss Gultch (who takes her dog), then dealing with the Wicked Witch of the West who is much much worse.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
This might not be much help, but I'd go with something like this...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks