What's new

Need help with my 50HDX82 (1 Viewer)

GregZ

Agent
Ok had the TV for almost four months now and love it. But... both left and right edges have a definite red tint AND the much bigger issue
Lst few days I've noticed a flicker when watching all sources. I thought at first it was just the Xbox but then noticed it on DVD and TV as well. It seems to flicker a little brighter and darker quite a bit. Do I call a tech now or can I do something myself?
Thanks
Greg

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Tinted sides are distracting at times, but considered to be normal and a drawback of crt based RPTV technology.

Techs won't be able to fix this.

However ... you might. Lens Striping is the tweak needed. Must lens strip likely both sides of the red CRT.

See Keohihdtv for details on this tweak.

Regards

David_Giles

Stunt Coordinator
Actually there are a alot of people complaining of the flicker issue,much like the sony prb,at thehometheaterspot,check it out there.

GregZ

Agent
Thanks for the help, yes the ALS and Flesh tone are off. The flicker though wasnt present for at least the first three months I had the TV.

Leigh Joel

Auditioning
Hi Guys,
I have the Toshiba 57hdx82 and I have begun to notice flicker on the DVD only. But will keep my eyes peeled. Flesh Tone and ALS are both off. Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch
Leigh

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
As noted above, both Sony and Tosh are having trouble with the new Pegasus II electron guns.

The flicker/flash is a service call.

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks