What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

NCAA Football 2005! (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I think blocking a punt is damn near impossible. The closest I got was my players were right in front of the punter...only to stare at him as he punts the ball.

I don't know what to make of this, but screen blocking needs a new A.I. I've been in several situations where it's three blockers on one guy. And for some damn reason, they refuse to block the defender. I've lost anywhere from four to seven yards because my blockers would run right past them. If I do get yards on a screen, it's because my lineman or tightend would finally grow a brain.

Note to self: quit running the screen.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Yeah, there are several plays that you cant even run as USC or LSU vs. an Iowa State or some other really sucky 2 win team. Ridiculous.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Never blocked a punt in 2005. I think I did once or twice in 2004 (logged hundreds of games) but it is definitely a rarity. And yes, I just about never even get close in 2005.

I agree this needs to be addressed. I don't have stats, but I can remember several PAC-10 games last year that featured blocked punts, and I don't watch all of them, so I know it's more widespread than once in a blue moon (or never, in NCAA Football 2005).

I haven't investigated the myriad of options, but does 2005 have sliders like Madden did on PC a few years ago? If it does I may have to go in there and kick up catching ability...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks