What's new

NCAA Football 2005 Punting/Kicking (1 Viewer)

Brian_Wh

Agent
Real Name
Brian
I finally got an Xbox over the weekend - the US bundle w/ NCAA Football 2005 & Top Spin. I've played 3 or 4 games of NCAA Football and am still getting used to it after having been out of gaming since my Sega Genesis. My biggest problem yet has been punting and kicking. I don't think I've punted the ball over 25-30 yards yet (many have been 20 yards or less)! My kickoffs have all been short too, not one has made it past the 15 or 10 yard line. Thankfully, I've usually made the tackle pretty quickly on kickoffs. I'm letting the kicking meter go all the way up as far as I can tell, although my accuracy may be off at the end (3rd button press). Any tips or do I just need more practice;) ? Do I need to adjust a difficulty level or something? Thanks for any help you can give!

FYI - So far I've only played with Ohio State - my favorite team.

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

Adjusting the trajectory of the kick may help you out on kickoffs. The left thumbstick controls the arrow.
What difficulty are you playing on? The Varsity and JV levels are much more forgiving in the kicking game than the higher two difficulties (Heisman and All-American?). NCAA is right up there with Links 2004 as my favorite Xbox games.

Good luck,
Bryan

Brian_Wh

Agent
Real Name
Brian
Thanks Bryan, I'll keep trying. The difficulty is on Varsity (which is the default I imagine, because I hadn't changed it). I tried adjusting the trajectory for both kicks and punts in a game last night and didn't have much luck. I just don't understand how I can let the power go up all the way and not get any distance on my kicks! I guess I really need to go into the practice mode and work on punts and kicks. Very frustrating because punting it 17 yards is killing me by giving the other team a very short field to work with. Especially if I'm punting from, say my own 30. I've been playing good defense overall, but if they hit a big play from my side of the 50, it's got a great chance to end up a TD.

I also need to work on my passing game too, but that's another story...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks