What's new

Multimedia NCAA 2005 Dynasty Journal Site (1 Viewer)

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
Okay I'm a lunatic with too much time on my hands. I freely admit this. I've really become quite engrossed with EA's NCAA 2005 college football game, especially since it allows me to play our local D1AA team (Weber State)...

Anyhoo, I made a web site dedicated to my dynasty in the game that offers "coverage" of my team, newspaper, magazine, video, stats, etc. If you like to see one man's descent into gaming madness check it out...

I know others have offered dynasty journals on EA's forum (not to the extent of my sickness of course). Anyone here as into this game as I?

http://www.rangersguild.com/ncaa2005

- Jack

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
WOW, great work Jack, very, very impressive and a lot of fun to read.

I just finished my first dynasty season a few days ago, but haven't started recruiting yet. Took my Missouri Tigers to an 8-3 record, than got torched by Cal in the Holiday Bowl 45-0.

Love the game but am still pretty much a novice. I've figured out how to run ok, and can stop the run (had the #1 rushing defense in the country), but I have a terrible time trying to throw the ball and big time problems defending the deep pass. My offense was ranked below 100 as I had just above 1000 yds passing for the whole season and maybe 1200 yards rushing.

And apparently how you run your offense and defense matters a lot more in recruiting than your record. I have several blue chip and 4 star D-lineman and linebackers who have Mizzou in their top 3 but on offense I only have 1 3-star player interested with the rest 2 star and below.

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
The problem with the game stats is they always reflect a 15-minute/quarter game for the simmed games, yet most people play about half that length for their games. For instance I use 7 minute quarters, so as a result I always have a very highly ranked defense but a lowly ranked offense. If you doubled my stats I would have a highly ranked offense and mediocre defense. There's really no way around this. You'll always have an easier time recruiting defense than offense. That's not to say you won't build a good offense, its just a little harder.

You'll eventually find you need to crank the the sliders in the CPU's favor to keep it "realistic". On default settings the CPU will score rarely, and can't run to save its life. As for the long pass, the CPU will complete more long ones than short ones. For whatever reason a receiver will drop a 10 yarder in his chest in the open, yet pull down a 60 yarder between 5 defenders.

The best recruiting tip I can give is during week 4 recruiting go after all the best players you can who are not signed, even the guys with low interest. They will ALL have VERY HIGH interest in your team during week 5 and you will land some, and those you don't may even walk on if they don't sign somewhere else.

Good luck with Mizzou. The Big 12 North is ripe for the picking.

- Jack

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Jack, I didn't realize that. I figured the computer just scored a lot more from playing faster. It didn't occur to me that they were playing much longer games. I'm only playing 5m quarters, so my games are even shorter than yours. I think I'll switch to 7m.

I did my recruiting last night and had the #1 ranked class. I got 3 Blue Chips and 12-13 4 stars, all on defense. My offense picks amounted to 2 3 star TE (one was an athlete I put at TE) and a 2 star T + a 2 star punter.

Yeah, the B12 North is weak. K St. was the only team in the division I lost to.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Completing passes on NCAA is tough, but manageable. Use user catch.

Nice journal, Jack. Like the coach quotes. :)

I play six minute quarters, and I run the spread offense. In the first five years, I averaged 450 yards of offense, 300 of which is rushing. In my sixth year, I'm switching to a spread pass, and I'm doing alright with 300 passing and 200 rushing.

Recruiting gets hard when you're on probation. I hate how your probation meter doesn't go down when nobody gets in trouble, but the minute you spend your points on training, it seems like all your players, even ones with excellent discipline, get in trouble.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I try to use user catch but it doesn't help much. I switched to 7m quarters. I got absolutely smoked in my first game but then won my second game handily over a weak opponent (New Mexico). Had 400+ yds of offense, which was a first for me, and got my QB player of the week in the Big 12, also a first, with around 140 yds passing and 140yds rushing.

Figured out an unrealistic move that works well: Call a hail mary, wait for your receivers to get downfield, then go around end with the QB while the secondary is chasing your receivers down the field. 3 out of the 4 times I did it my QB ran for 20+ yards.

I put my budget at 35R, 35T, and 30 discipline. I've had 3 infractions out of the 14 games I've played so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks