What's new

NBC Enterprises Pacts to Bring 10 Series to DVD (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Where's "Knight Rider" baby?!

"Kitt, I need ya buddy." --Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world--the world of the Knight Rider!!

The above only included at the end of the first few episodes.
For those who so desire it or wish to hate me more:

Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into a dangerous world of a man who does not exist...
Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Bring it on!! Let's get really crazy now!! Remastered in DTS 5.1 from the original mono and stereo tracks!!

(Actually, maybe they produced the whole show in stereo, but it seems to me that NBC (or maybe my NBC station)
was just starting stereo broadcasting early on in the run of the show.) I was a bit young at the time.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Knight Rider wouldn't be part of this type of deal; Universal owns it. They have released a couple of discs in Europe, but have made no noises for an R1 release.

BBbrowd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I'm right with you, Brian W., on being a fan of the great "Nellie Olsen" from Little House. She was funny and adorable. Alison is a cool person and great actress.

I'm also looking forward to "Will and Grace". I have been waiting for them to release the series on DVD.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Where's Knight Boat?

Announcer: We now return to "Knightboat: the Crime-Solving Boat".
Michael: Faster, Knightboat! We gotta catch those starfish poachers.
Knightboat: You don't have to yell, Michael, I'm all around you.
Michael: Oh, no! They're headed for land.

[the poachers ride onto the beach, jump on motorcycles, and speed away]

Michael: We'll never catch them now.
Knightboat: Incorrect: look! A canal.
Homer: Go, Knightboat, go!
Bart: Oh, every week there's a canal.
Lisa: Or an inlet.
Bart: Or a fjord.
Homer: Quiet! I will not hear another word against the boat.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Seinfeld is Columbia

From what I hear, all Universal TV properties are on hold until the company is sold.

And if you're waiting for Muppet Season sets, I hope you are realllly patient, because they ain't coming

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Dave Scarpa,

Also please keep in mind that Fox owns the rights to NYPD Blue while A&E has licensed the show from NBC Enterprises. That means 2 companies need to be paid from Homicide while only 1 from NYPD Blue.

Please don't compare the prices of shows. There are so many things to consider with TV set prices:

-how many companies are getting paid for the set?
-how many songs need to be cleared, and at what price?
-are the actors making money off the sets?
-how many units do they hope to sell? (more units at a smaller markup, or fewer sets at a larger markup)

See, movies are a lot easier to clear and release. A studio doens't need to look at a movie and think about a long-term commitment. With a TV show they need to think "hmm....can we get x number of people to fork out x dollars for x sets? Is the market there, or will we just be releasing one set only to find out that the fans of the show aren't DVD buyers?" I don't envy the studio person that has to look at all the numbers and make projections. Obviously there's going to be some people that buy 1 season and stop, so they have to factor that in as well.

Gord

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm so down for Saved by the Bell. Hello childhood!

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
I heard a rumor that they may have included some material from the annual gag reels on the Will & Grace DVD. I don't know if they'll include the 4-letter words but I can tell you they're worth the price of admission :emoji_thumbsup:

Julia*D

Agent
Oh, I'd love to get Ed on DVD -- it's one of my favorite shows! I'd probably pick up The Pretender, Will and Grace, and Saved By the Bell too. Wow, I guess better start saving money now... :)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well Homicide definately needed the music clearances. I kinda hate that A&E releases their megasets later on it really sucks to buy them only to have them released later at half the price with etras (1999) oh well the price for having them first. Deep Discount by far has the best online prices on A&E Product I've purchased them all there.

Richard Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not familiar with the A&E supersets. Do they package multiple box sets (seasons) together for a better price? Any examples? Does this mean I should wait on Homicide given that I'd probably buy all the seasons?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I'm not familiar with the A&E supersets. Do they package multiple box sets (seasons) together for a better price? Any examples? Does this mean I should wait on Homicide given that I'd probably buy all the seasons?
In the past, with series such as "Monty Python", "The Prisoner", "The Avengers", etc., A&E wasn't releasing season sets. They'd have 2-disc sets with about 3 eps per disc. Then, when the entire series was out, they'd repackage these sets into big megaboxes at a reduced-price.

With "Homicide", A&E has gone to the season-set paradigm, and the initial pricing is much more reasonable (the original list on any of the above 2-disc sets was $39.95!). So I don't know if there's any need to wait for a megabox, especially since the season set release pattern makes that kind of repackaging less necessary & likely (IMO).

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I guess no details about Saved by the Bell are released yet, seeing as it's 5 months away. But why do they tease us like this? :) Any word on price? Don't see it for preorder yet.

Brenton

Screenwriter
Do we know yet if Saved by the Bell will be one set that has both seasons, or if it will be seperate (season one boxset / season two boxset)?

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
We don't know yet...and we also don't know if it'll be the first two seasons of Saved By The Bell, or start off with the Good Morning Miss Bliss episodes which have been renamed SBTB in syndication.

Mike W R

Auditioning
Yes ED!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope they release ED on DVD now that it really looks like this Friday's Episode will be it. USA today reported it will be canceled. This is a shame, this show is so funny. They cancel ED so we can have more reality programming for all of us..........:angry:

Burger Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beau

Supporting Actor
Do we know yet if Saved by the Bell will be one set that has both seasons, or if it will be seperate (season one boxset / season two boxset)?
I don't know, but I would GUESS that it would be both in the same box, because I saw a cover pic for Homicide(don't remember where it was) and THAT had both 1st and 2nd seasons in the same box saying "Complete First and Second Season" or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks