What's new

NBC Enterprises Pacts to Bring 10 Series to DVD (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The Pretender!!!! That is awesome. Any show that had such a demand after cancellation to get 2 made for tv movies. Would be a big seller on dvd.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Oh, thanks for the correction, David. The site won't load, but I'll take your word for it. :) Many of the Imavision releases I'm aware of are French-dubbed only, and since their site isn't exactly English-friendly, I assumed the same applied to this release.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
And with this announcement, I am that much closer to losing a bet pitting the release dates of Saved by the Bell and a certain Kid getting Acquainted with the Universe.
Heh, that's another one of a handful of shows I'd really buy every set of. I image BVHE will give us "Boy Meets World" around the same time that Nick/Paramount give us "The Adventures of Pete & Pete"...which I *hope* is "sometime." :)

As for the "Good Morning, Miss Bliss" episodes, yes they're edited for syndication for the intros ("Check out how weird Lisa and Screech look!" :D ) and the opening credits were changed to the groovy SBTB theme. I downloaded the original Miss Bliss opening credits, and they were more in line with its somewhat-serious '80s sitcom tone that just sort of got brushed aside when Bayside was magically transported from Indiana to California and the histories of its remaining characters magically altered. :)

Assuming that the First Season is the Miss Bliss one, and it probably/hopefully (for a complete collection) is, I'd be cool with either opening but I get the feeling they'd use the SBTB-style opening to match the rest of the series. The Deke episode rules! :D

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
How reliable is the first link from Adam Tyner? Is this a reliable site?

Because if it is I will go put on my I love Kelly kapowski t shirt and go sit outisde Best Buy, tonight :D

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
SBTB on DVD?? That is GREAT news! I was just thinking the other day (facetiously, of course) that the TV-on-DVD craze wouldn't be complete until all the various SBTB series were released on disc. Now this news. Maybe I should start thinking that for other shows I want released, as well. :)

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
SNL releases? Let's hope it is the good seasons and not those one's in between that no one wants to admit to...I assume as well that these will be 'best of's' and not complete seasons?
The SNL releases will probably be best of releases.

What I want to see is SNL released in season format. Yes, I know that SNL has over 500+ episodes but I really like SNL. I want to see SNL on DVD in season format because I like all the seasons of SNL & SNL has too much content to put on best of discs.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
LHOTP is a must own in my house (My wife can watch the first 5 mins of any episode and tell you what well happen!), and I'm all over the Homicide sets! SBTB I'll have to pass on (although, maybe fox could do 90210?)

Still no Seinfeld from NBC? I understand that Jerry wants all the syndication cash he can get, but the fact that these are already mastered in some form onto DVD makes it strange that nothing has come out yet.:thumbsdown:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Here's a good site with a thorough episode guide for Saved by the Bell: http://homepage.mac.com/ijball/SbtB/List.html. Seeing as there are really only about 5 seasons and we're getting the first 2 right off the bat, I'm gonna go and get them, since I remember enjoying the show, and had fun watching the E! special. Just as long as they do all the episodes.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Will definitely get SBTB and SNL. The current discs are disappointing. Complete seasons seems very unlikely, but I do hope we get some complete episodes. Also, it would be cool if they could include some sketches that were performed in dress rehearsal but didn't make it to air. There are at least a few of them for every show.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I don't think NBC has the DVD rights to "Seinfeld". I believe it's a Columbia/Tri-Star property.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I'm definitely buying "Saved By The Bell." Tiffani-Amber Thiessen (Kelly Kapowski) and Elizabeth Berkley (Jessie Spano) were the best parts of that show.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
Of course, Dennis Haskins was great as Principal Richard Belding. Who wouldn't have wanted a cool principal like *that* in high school!?

Now, bring on season sets of "ALF" and "Married...With Children" on DVD!

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'd like to see SNL season sets, too, but music rights make it an impossibility...

Clearances with the estates of composers, record labels, and the artists themselves would be rough, not to mention negotiations with all the musicians who have ever performed (everyone from Stephen Bishop to Loverboy to Nirvana to DMX to Sum 41 has appeared on the program) make SNL a legal rights nightmare.

As for "Saved By The Bell", I'm looking forward to the sets...While NBC is at it, how about season sets of "California Dreams"?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

So sue me, I like the show. The theme song was pretty high-caliber for live-action Saturday morning programming.

Beau

Supporting Actor
Saved bt the Bell!!!!!!! *Celebrates*!!!!! I hope they get all the seasons out quickly, and hopefully they'll also get out the College Years, Hawaiian Vacation, and Vegas Wedding movies aswell. Then I won't have to wake up at 4 in the morning anymore to watch it.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Hmm, I wish the Pretender was more than just a toss-in possible listing. Makes me wonder whether the word on it was official, or just something added by the article writers. I'd also be vaguely curious whether with the pretender they'd include the profiler episode that crosses over, or just the edited down pretender that includes it's own ending. I'd hate to have to buy a complete season of the profiler just to have the correct ending for that episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks