What's new

My Yearly WAC Predictions (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Every year I submit a list of 25-30 movies I believe might well be put on Blu-ray by Warner Archives. I like to hope that 25% of them will actually come out, and so far I’ve only hit about 15% every year, but each time I include the same titles, the chances of their release increase (I think) by default. Here is my list for 2020, and of course this doubles as a prediction and wish list:
7 FACES OF DR. LAO
ADAM’S RIB
CANTERVILLE GHOST, THE
CAPTAIN BLOOD
CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN
DAMN YANKEES
EDGE OF THE CITY
FREAKS
HARVEY GIRLS, THE
LAND OF THE PHAROAHS
LAST OF SHEILA, THE
LIFE OF EMILE ZOLA, THE
LILI
MACABRE
MARK OF THE VAMPIRE
NAKED SPUR, THE
NIGHT OF THE IGUANA
NORTHWEST PASSAGE
OBJECTIVE BURMA!
OH GOD!
PAJAMA GAME, THE
PAT GARRETT AND BILLY THE KID
PETULIA
PRINCE OF THE CITY
QUEEN CHRISTINA
SCARAMOUCHE
SHOOT THE MOON
SINBAD THE SAILOR (1947)
WHITE HUNTER, BLACK HEART

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That's a good list!

I am really shocked that OH, GOD! never made it to Blu-ray. That's a biggie (not to say the others aren't), and I know a member on this forum was campaigning years ago to get it released to Blu.

Thanks for the list!

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I hope they release The Year of Living Dangerously - that's not even available for streaming in a decent version.

Real Name
Eric Bodnar
I hope they release The Year of Living Dangerously - that's not even available for streaming in a decent version.
Every year I submit a list of 25-30 movies I believe might well be put on Blu-ray by Warner Archives. I like to hope that 25% of them will actually come out, and so far I've only hit about 15% every year, but each time I include the same titles, the chances of their release increase (I think) by default. Here is my list for 2020, and of course this doubles as a prediction and wish list:

7 FACES OF DR. LAO
ADAM'S RIB
CANTERVILLE GHOST, THE
CAPTAIN BLOOD
CURSE OF FANKENSTEIN
DAMN YANKEES
EDGE OF THE CITY
FREAKS
HARVEY GIRLS, THE
LAND OF THE PHAROAHS
LAST OF SHEILA, THE
LIFE OF EMILE ZOLA, THE
LILI
MACABRE
MARK OF THE VAMPIRE
NAKED SPUR, THE
NIGHT OF THE IGUANA
NORTHWEST PASSAGE
OBJECTIVE BURMA!
OH GOD!
PAJAMA GAME, THE
PETULIA
PRINCE OF THE CITY
QUEEN CHRISTINA
SCARAMOUCHE
SHOOT THE MOON
SINBAD THE SAILOR (1947)
WHITE HUNTER, BLACK HEART

Real Name
Eric Bodnar
Thi
Every year I submit a list of 25-30 movies I believe might well be put on Blu-ray by Warner Archives. I like to hope that 25% of them will actually come out, and so far I've only hit about 15% every year, but each time I include the same titles, the chances of their release increase (I think) by default. Here is my list for 2020, and of course this doubles as a prediction and wish list:

7 FACES OF DR. LAO
ADAM'S RIB
CANTERVILLE GHOST, THE
CAPTAIN BLOOD
CURSE OF FANKENSTEIN
DAMN YANKEES
EDGE OF THE CITY
FREAKS
HARVEY GIRLS, THE
LAND OF THE PHAROAHS
LAST OF SHEILA, THE
LIFE OF EMILE ZOLA, THE
LILI
MACABRE
MARK OF THE VAMPIRE
NAKED SPUR, THE
NIGHT OF THE IGUANA
NORTHWEST PASSAGE
OBJECTIVE BURMA!
OH GOD!
PAJAMA GAME, THE
PETULIA
PRINCE OF THE CITY
QUEEN CHRISTINA
SCARAMOUCHE
SHOOT THE MOON
SINBAD THE SAILOR (1947)
WHITE HUNTER, BLACK HEAR

Real Name
Eric Bodnar
Any of these films would be welcome additions to Warner Archives. What's worrying me a little is that I haven't seen any new announcements since October. Is this common?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Any of these films would be welcome additions to Warner Archives. What's worrying me a little is that I haven't seen any new announcements since October. Is this common?

It's not unusual for them to skip December titles (no announcements in November).

I think a lot of us are hoping that January titles will be announced soon (this week?)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That’s a very nice list and there are a number of those that I’d be very happy to pick up if given the chance.

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
That's a superb list. Though as good as the 1952 Scaramouche is, I think I prefer the 1923 version which would be nice if they could include it as an extra even if just in SD. Like to see another Busby Berkeley musical like Gold Diggers of 1933 and Dames.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Certainly a few on that list that I would like! Personally, I would be happy if they could manage to get back to releasing three or four new-to-blu musicals from the 30s-50s next year.
Like others have said, WAC has traditionally taken the month of December off from releases, so the fact that they didn't announce anything last month isn't a complete surprise. I do get the concern for that, but, at this point, I really don't understand the concern that they haven't made any announcements yet this month. While I haven't pinpointed things like others have, one thing I have noticed is that, aside from one-off announcements (like announcing their June 2018 release of Seven Brides on May 7, 2018 ahead of the others), they tend not to make any announcements until the SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH. Today (Monday, December 16) would have been the first day I might have expected an announcement (although it seems others on the other forum have noted they don't make many announcements on Mondays). I will be very surprised if we don't see any announcements this week. The big question, though, is whether the announcements will be strictly for January releases, or both January and February.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
My predictions from WAC for 2020

Hanna-Barbera:
Ruff and Reddy (1957-1960)
Huckleberry Hound (seasons 2-4, 1959-1962)
The Quick Draw McGraw Show (1959-1962)
Touche Turtle and Dum-Dum (1962-1963)
The Adventures of Gulliver (1968-1969)
The Banana Splits Adventure Hour (1968-1969)
Cattanooga Cats (1969) / Motormouse and Autocat (1970)
The Flintstone Comedy Hour (1972-1973, complete 1-hour series including in the first half-hour two Fred and Barney segments and one short Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm segment and also inbetween song sequences; second half-hour was mainly reruns of the 1971 Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm episodes)
These Are the Days (1974-1975)
The Tom & Jerry / Grape Ape Show (1975)
The Mumbly Cartoon Show (1976)
CB Bears (1977, complete 1-hour series including title segment, Blast-Off Buzzard, Heyyy, It's the King!, Posse Impossible, Shake, Rattle & Roll and Undercover Elephant)
Skatebirds (1977, complete 1-hour series also including Mystery Island, The Robonic Stooges and Wonder Wheels, and the recycled Clue Club reruns under the title Woofer & Whimper: Dog Detectives) / The Three Robonic Stooges (1978, this also had the Woofer & Whimper editdowns alongside 16 new segments of The Robonic Stooges)
Yogi's Space Race (1978, complete series - 90 minutes for first eight weeks including title segment, Galaxy Goof-Ups, The Buford Files and The Galloping Ghost; then as 1-hour series which removed the Galaxy Goof-Ups segment) / Galaxy Goof-Ups (1978-1979, the remaining five half-hour shows that aired independent of Yogi's Space Race)
Jana of the Jungle (1978)
The New Fred and Barney Show (1979)
Casper and the Angels (1979)
The New Shmoo (1979)
The Flintstone Comedy Show (1980-1981; complete 90-minute series in first season and one-hour in second season, containing The Flintstone Family Adventures, The Bedrock Cops, Dino and Cavemouse, Pebbles, Dino and Bamm-Bamm, Captain Caveman and The Frankenstones)
Trollkins (1981)
Jokebook (1982; seven episodes produced but only three aired)
The Gary Coleman Show (1982)
Yogi's Treasure Hunt (1985-1988)
Wildfire (1986)
The New Yogi Bear Show (1988)

Looney Tunes:
Super Stars: Elmer Fudd: Eternally Eggheaded

~Ben

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
That's a superb list. Though as good as the 1952 Scaramouche is, I think I prefer the 1923 version which would be nice if they could include it as an extra even if just in SD. Like to see another Busby Berkeley musical like Gold Diggers of 1933 and Dames.

The 1923 Scaramouche is included as an extra with the French DVD release (I had to import, as Warner never release the Scaramouche DVD in the UK), I must watch it one of these days. It's still for sale, only 8.12 euro. The 1952 version is always on my little Warner wants list (as is Gold Diggers Of 1933).

https://www.amazon.fr/Scaramouche-Édition-Collector-Stewart-Granger/dp/B000JJRB5E/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=LT039DFD9Q6C&keywords=scaramouche+dvd&qid=1576569330&s=dvd&sprefix=scaramouche,aps,144&sr=1-1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks