1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

My Yearly WAC Predictions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Dick, Dec 16, 2019.

1. ClassicTVMan1981X

ClassicTVMan1981X Screenwriter

Benjamin
    I agree with you on all of these, plus I would like these from the Hanna-Barbera library...
    * These Are the Days (1974-75)
    * CB Bears (1977)
    * Skatebirds (1977) / The Three Robonic Stooges (1978)
    * Jana of the Jungle (1978)
    * The New Fred and Barney Show (1979)
    * Trollkins (1981)
    * Jokebook (1982)
    * The Gary Coleman Show (1982)
    * Wildfire (1986)

~Ben

2. RICK BOND

RICK BOND Second Unit

RICK
    Tom and Jerry Vol.2 and Vol.3 All the MGM Cinemascope shorts. Max Fleischer's Superman 17 shorts ! They could fit on 1 Bluray disc.

3. Billy Batson

Billy Batson Producer

Alan
    Could be Hammer's She (1965) this year, get a bit of synergy going with all these Hammer announcements, & maybe sell a few copies.

Ken Koc and RICK BOND like this.
  4. RICK BOND

RICK BOND Second Unit

RICK
    I hope so Billy ! and The Curse of Frankenstein !

skylark68 likes this.
  5. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

Now that Modern Family is coming to an end, perhaps WB should revisit that show, and if the retail blu-rays weren't profitable enough, maybe they would consider releasing seasons 5 onward as part of the Warner Archive, where they can keep a tighter grip on inventory and pricing?

I refuse to buy any seasons on DVD. If my collection of this show has to end with season 4, so be it.

6. richardburton84

richardburton84 Second Unit

Jack
    Modern Family is actually a Fox show, so that would be up to Disney now.

7. Billy Batson

Billy Batson Producer

Alan
    Ha, case closed then. I love this show, Sky (UK) has it on repeat all the time & I record & watch them. I must have seen each episode about ten times. The perfect sit-com featuring the legendry Ed O'Neill.

8. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

Ah, yes. I don't know why I had in my head that Warner released them.

9. AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke Cinematographer

Anthony
    My head nowadays does that sort of thing all the time ... as many here have noticed. Sic transit memory.

10. dana martin

dana martin Producer

Dana Martin
    i get it, not a request, just speculation of the many wonderful titles that Warner, has that could be released, well some sign of hope, That Tex Avery set is forthcoming, i hope to see many surprises this year, maybe they will shock all of us and upgrade some of the Samuel Goldwyn titles if possible.

11. richardburton84

richardburton84 Second Unit

Jack
    As far as the Goldwyn titles are concerned, the Archive is apparently reissuing Guys and Dolls next month, so that seemingly confirms that Warner’s license for the Goldwyn library is still good. Dodsworth apparently got a new restoration so we should hopefully see that getting a release soon and we can hope that more of the Goldwyns get released (my primary want from that library is Wuthering Heights).

dana martin likes this.
  12. Astairefan

Astairefan Second Unit

Neil Powell
    While I definitely agree that WAC's upcoming reissue of Guys And Dolls bodes well for the possibility of WAC releasing some Goldwyns, I still feel like it's a longshot (and I still forget it when it comes to any of the 30s Goldwyns). After all, if the Goldwyn library is supposedly in bad shape (at least, that's what it seems like I've heard a number of times here on this forum), and WAC is VERY reluctant to release any of their own 30s films (four years between 42nd Street and their next 30s film, plus RAH claiming all four were "full restorations"), so I just can't see it happening. That being said, they've been proving me wrong on a number of things, so maybe! Although, it is likely to be a while if it does happen, since it took nearly a year between their re-release of Meet In St. Louis and their first Judy Garland/pre-1954 MGM musical release of Summer Stock, and we still haven't seen anything further for 3D films after their re-releases of Kiss Me Kate and Dial M For Murder last September.

13. RICK BOND

RICK BOND Second Unit

RICK
    Samuel Goldwyn's ...The Pride of the Yankees (1942) The Best Baseball movie of all time ! Gary Cooper was Great as Lou Gehrig. Still waiting for a Bluray release ! WBArchive come on already !

dana martin likes this.
  14. Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann Screenwriter

Edmund Lachmann
    A handful of classic musicals (which I'll probably buy), a bunch of low budget kitschy horror movies (a very few I might buy) and mainly more modern stuff (I probably won't buy). Just no surprises as usual.

15. Arthur Powell

Arthur Powell Second Unit

Arthur
    The Goldwyn title I would be particularly interested in would be a remaster of "Whoopee." Yes, WAC already put out a DVD-r from an older master, but this film is one of only a handful of two-color Technicolor movies to survive in its camera negative. A restoration of this film has the potential to look as spectacular as the recent "King of Jazz" restoration. However, I realize that this film isn't likely high up on Warner's priority list.

AnthonyClarke likes this.
  16. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor
    Supporter

Allen
    We must remember that Warner does not own these films but but has a lease arrangement with the Samual Goldwyn Estate. I’m not sure that Warner’s would spring the money to upgrade these titles. The Guys and Dolls Blu-ray is just a re-release of their original re-release of the MGM release