What's new

My Home Theater Page (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Will be making adjustments to movies scheduled today after hearing about the passing of Sean Connery.

RIP Sean Connery!

SeanConnery.jpg

Sean-Connery-Bond.jpg

ijlc89____seanconnery-fscn002_copy_-_h_2018-compressed.jpg

PIVOOJL7BVH25C5UVZJX3AS67A.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well I got a wild hair and said to hell with it!

I went on Amazon tonight and purchased my popcorn machine! Should be here sometime between Monday - Wednesday! Just need to get the correct theater oil & butter flavorings and maybe some popcorn bags as well. I decided I wanted the popcorn machine even if they can me soon! I would be stoked if I could get my Klipsch Atmos speakers and an added bonus of matching subs would be cool but not focusing on that.

Popcorn Machine Olde Midway.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Need to figure out something to hold snacks for when I have guests for movie night once this Covid19 garbage is over with! Never had a popcorn machine other than a cheap air popper so now I will need to get the right stuff for authentic theater style popcorn!

61nu-G6LP2L._SL1100_.jpg

71SaB4uBX9L._AC_SL1417_.jpg OR 81DOowjSnCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Nice. Congrats!

(But I can't see the pic of the machine...)

Just ordered on ebay yesterday and will post photos after it arrives. Oil and salt should be here Saturday hopefully but if not it will arrive around the same time the popcorn machine arrives between Monday - Wednesday.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well according to my text from FedEx my popcorn machine was to arrive 11/10 but to my surprise arrived early on 11/08! I am doing some reading but will most likely cook my first batch of popcorn this Friday or Saturday since I am just wiped out after work and have to haul out my four surrounds with stands every time I watch a movie!

20201108_083842a.jpg

Ingredients

20201108_114011a.jpg

20201108_124121a.jpg

Even came with some popcorn bags.

IMG_3506a.jpg

So now I am thinking about a mini fridge for cans of refreshments and thinking about if I want to do something for making hot dogs.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Here's your answer if you're wanting to serve hotdogs. These Glenrays are hard to find and when you do they will set you back $200-$300 for one in good clean condition.

IMG-8063.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Tonight's movie was Avitar from Blu-ray with the first batch of popcorn from the popcorn popper!

View attachment 81906

Being that I have not made popcorn like this and especially with a popcorn popper like this the finished product still needs some tweaks. I am guessing there is not a great way to spread the melted butter over the pop corn and maybe I will just nuke it in a glass measuring cup and drizzle it over the popcorn. I used 1 cup of corn to 1/3 cup of oil but had to much unpopped kernels and think I need to add a little more oil next time.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Resident Evil has arrived in my 4K library! And tomorrow V For Vendetta on 4K blu-ray is set to arrive! After that hopefully Saturday the original definitive Battlestar Galactica complete series arrives along with the Battlestar Galactica new complete series along with Battlestar Galactica Blood & Chrome.

Resident Evil Set.jpg

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Tonight's movie was Avitar from Blu-ray with the first batch of popcorn from the popcorn popper!

View attachment 81906

Being that I have not made popcorn like this and especially with a popcorn popper like this the finished product still needs some tweaks. I am guessing there is not a great way to spread the melted butter over the pop corn and maybe I will just nuke it in a glass measuring cup and drizzle it over the popcorn. I used 1 cup of corn to 1/3 cup of oil but had to much unpopped kernels and think I need to add a little more oil next time.
I usually melt the butter in a sauce pan and then pour it over pop corn that I have in a large mixing bowl and mix it with a wooden spoon.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
November 18th, 2020

228 4K Blu-ray Titles (Last count 222) Goal of 200 by January 1st, 2021
275 HD Blu-ray Titles 9/9/20 (Last count 274)
165 SD DVD

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Resident Evil Collection 02.jpg

Going to work Resident Evil in 4K into my viewing rotation! As you can see Afterlife was a formal rental from ether Blockbuster or Hollywood Video. Previously I had only 2/3 of the titles on blu-ray disc until I added The Final Chapter on 4K blu-ray.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Battlestar Galactica 1978 & 2004 complete series arrived but I am trying to get the 1978 Definitive set returned and a replacement sent from Amazon. Due to blu-ray cases being broken and cracked. I get to the point where it wants me to add a card which I already have on the account but it will not advance from that spot!

Am building my Sci-Fi TV series collection!

Space 1999 Complete Series
Space 1999 Set.jpg

Battlestar Galactica
20201120_133336a.jpg

The plan moving forward:

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome Blu-ray - Delivery Process
Battlestar Galactica: Razor Blu-ray - Delivery Process

Future Orders
Star Trek The Original Complete Series Blu-ray
Star Trek: The Next Generation Complete Series Blu-ray
Stargate SG-1 Complete Series on Blu-ray When Available
Star Trek: Deep Space 9 Complete Series Blu-ray
Star Trek: Voyager
Star Trek: Enterprise

Am really enjoying Star Trek: Picard on blu-ray and will try and finish season 1 this weekend and hope they release season 2 soon.

Update 11/21 Replacement to Battlestar Galactica 1978 Definitive set will be on it's way soon. Thank you Amazon for taking care of the damaged product.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
It took me long enough but I am slowly working on building up a collection of sci fi tv shows!

20201128_074124a.jpg

I really can not wait for the second season of Picard to be released on blu-ray! I will also be looking to start building my Star Trek tv show collection. After that Stargate SG-1 if that ever gets to blu-ray but it will take awhile because there are plenty of Star Trek shows to get. But the original Star Trek series is high on my list currently. I have also moved some blu-ray movies around to make room for more 4K movies on my media shelf and also need to purchase another media shelf.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
December 1st, 2020 Tuesday

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Extended Edition)
4K Blu-ray / Dolby Vision
Dolby Atmos to Auro 3D

LTR TH Collection.jpg

And no not buying these movies again after the 4K Blu-ray, lmao! I think I have done my part. ;)

20201201_144443a.jpg LOTR TH 4K Set.jpg

December 1st, 2020

235 4K Blu-ray Titles (Last count 228) Goal of 200 by January 1st, 2021
275 HD Blu-ray Titles 9/9/20 (Last count 274)
165 SD DVD

Todays purchase is most likely the last purchase of the year and that is ok because I have a nice system and beat my goal of 200 4K blu-ray titles by Jan 1, 2021!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks