What's new

Onkyo TX-RZ50 vs. Denon X4700H vs. Yamaha RX-A6A (2 Viewers)

JimJasper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
I'm not saying there are no single box solutions, I'm just encouraging you to consider your goals......you could get an A-3 with 140 wpc to all three channels for $500 and take that load off the Denon. ......
....this is actually what I am looking into with my upcoming upgrade..... a 3-power amp for the 3 fronts....

Kaskade1309

Screenwriter
Real Name
S
Just to echo some sentiments here, notably Jim's, as he is an awesome guy, I have been a longtime Onkyo fan since first being introduced to the brand by a college friend who turned me on to their stuff. My first AVR was the TX-SR600, and this powered my small 5.1 setup in my studio apartment located in New York at the time -- even through a cross-country move and more local moves after that, the unit is STILL working, and we use it as a stereo amp for two Polk R15s on stands (also from my first surround setup, where they were used for surround channels), for basically playing music in our workout room/my wife's office (discs are played through an old Panasonic non-progressive-scan DVD player, also from that first surround system). The receiver even has a massive dent in the side from carelessness during one of the moves, and it STILL cranks like it was day one -- it even has enough juice (at a mere 80 watts per channel) to fill our neighborhood with sound on Halloween night when we blast the entire ride soundtrack from Disney's Haunted Mansion out of our upstairs window.

Since that time, I have moved on to a TX-SR605 -- which we STILL use, every day, all these years later in our primary HT setup -- and we also use a TX-8555 stereo receiver in our two-channel system that has been AWESOME, albeit missing some features like provisions for an equalizer hookup and no loudness button.

I would buy another model from this brand in a heartbeat based on the reliability we have experienced, and I too have been eyeing the RZ50 -- it is somewhat outside of our budget, so we'll most likely end up with the model below it when it's time to upgrade to an AVR with Atmos support, which falls outside of the premium RZ line, but it's definitely on the radar in terms of this "newly christened" Onkyo resurgence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elison5
Recent bookmarks