Premium
Real Name
Don

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
There are two movies I really want in my 4K blu-ray library and both titles are 20th Century Fox titles!

The Abyss
True Lies

I would have thought they would have been released by now but I am still hoping for release in 2021. I was fortunate enough to see both those movies both from 70mm prints in 2018 and I really enjoyed both films!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
All I can say is ether they are not stocking discs in some locations or it very well may be that because of Covid19 people are actually buying more movies on disc.

Downey, California

20201024_183037a.jpg 20201024_183052a.jpg

Anyway got there because checking online it said they had Back To The Future Steelbook Trilogy in stock. Got to the store and even walked around the store and couldn't find it. After asking an associate about the movie he asked another associate if he would be able to help me. The associate said yes and that he would be with me in a moment and when he came back he had the Back To The Future Trilogy in hand and said he had heard me asking for it! Mission accomplished and thank you Best Buy employee! And as you can see this is not the first time I have purchased the trilogy but I am sure the 4K set will be the last time I need to purchase it.

20201024_194522.jpg

Field Of Dreams.jpg

Also purchased Overlord on 4K Blu-ray and Star Trek Picard on Blu-ray!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
THAT sounds like a risky claim to make, Dave! :laugh:

I wonder if you said that about the Blu set when IT was released?!? ;)

While I was very impressed with most of the 1080p Blu-ray's I purchased I am not sure I was 100% sold on the BTTF Blu-ray and felt I could have been a little better. It was still better than the DVD set I had that is for certain. And while there have been a few 4K releases that where not considered upgrades from the blu-ray counterparts. I view the solid 4K transfers even the upscaled titles to be my reference versions which I do not believe I ever felt about standard blu-rays as good as they are. Not to say that there will not be titles I will just get on regular blu-ray. :D

Yes I know that is a risky claim to make :lol:

But honestly the 4K library I am currently building is my reference library and I need to stick with that. Once I have titles with good solid 4K transfers that needs to be the last time I purchase any of those titles. I am going to be 56 this year and I can not justify the double and triple dipping cycle of returning to purchase the same title over and over again. This is not sustainable as things continue to get more expensive cost of living wise I find myself at the quality level that once I have titles in 4K that needs to be the last time. Not going to say at this point I will never end up with any 8K titles if and or when they become available. ;)

One must be careful making those claims! :lol:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
After my latest trip to pick up more titles as of 10/24/2020

222 4K Blu-ray Titles (Last count 212) Goal of 200 by January 1st, 2021
275 HD Blu-ray Titles 9/9/20 (Last count 274)
165 SD DVD

If I get the titles scheduled to come out between now and Christmas I could be looking at 237 4K titles to finish the year. That would also mean for me that it could be possible to hit 300 4K titles exceeding the HD Blu-ray library titles currently sitting at 275. This also depends on if I get Star Trek TV series on blu-ray disc and upgrading my DVD Star Trek library of the original 10 movies to blu-ray. Most likely would just get the 10 movie blu-ray set so I would at least have the movies on blu-ray unless there is any news of them coming out on 4K. I currently only have Wrath Of Khan on blu-ray and all 10 in HD in iTunes. I am also looking to get Battlestar Galactica the original complete TV series and the rebot BSG complete series on blu-ray.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks