What's new

Music Fan... I have $450. What can I do..? (1 Viewer)

Hanah

Auditioning
Hi I am a music fan.. if there is a such thing! ;)
Well... I have following setup at the moment.
1) Inkel Dolby Prologic (7 yr old amp/receiver) = probably unknown in USA. IT's made in Korea.
2) Inkel Centre / Inkel Surrounds = I don't use them, cuz I don't like the sound of them. Not upto B&W at all.
3) B&W 602 S2s for fronts = I love this!
4) Audio Pro Sub Evidence active subwoofer = unknown in USA? Made in Sweden. Pretty good I have to say.
3 and 4 were purchased last year. Pretty uptodate with decent quality. Sub was about $500US / Fronts = $500US.
Now I have about $500US to spend.
Don't know what to get... currently my setup is hooked upto my computer with Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
Options are
1) B&W Centre LCR or something + B&W DM303 for rear.
or
2) New 5.1 DTS / Amplifier (can you recommend any model under $500us?)
My computer has DVD and I watch movies, but I listen to music more often.
I like the fact about the surround sound when I listen to music as well.
What would you do? option 1 or option 2 or any other options?
Please let me know..
I await for your replies..
Thank you and Merry Christmas to you all!

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I would upgrade your amp first. You say you don't like the sound of the Inkel speakers and considering your using the same make for an amp, imagine what a difference a newer 5.1 reciever would do.
You say you like your music, listen in 2 channel with your new 5.1 amp. Perhaps pick up some used speakers or ones that match half assed to your B&Ws. If not, suffer with the Inkels for a while. Regardless, you need the heart of the system. :)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
If I was in your position, I would spend the money on a new receiver. Inkel?? Isn't that Sherwood's parent company?? Anyway, since you mentioned you like music more and you have some nice B&W speakers, go for a Denon or Onkyo receiver. Excellent performance either with 2 channel or full surround. Agree with Michael that you should start with the heart of the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks