What's new

Murder, She Wrote: Complete Series 10/1/13 (1 Viewer)

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I don't get time to watch them regularly (it may take more than a year to get through a season) but on selected Sundays evenings that happen to be free, I will reach for the box sets and find the next unwatched episode.

Last night, for the first time in weeks, I watched an episode. It was the one with Cornel Wilde, Richard Beymer, Joanna Barnes, Joanna Pettit and Nancy Dussault. It was quite entertaining with the added twist that we see two characters plot to kill the victim before the actual murder occurs by another's hand. I had to laugh when, in a later scene, Jessica chats with one of the would-be murderers about the aborted attempt as if they were old chums. It seems that, as long as your plan doesn't succeed, or, in this case, gets pre-empted by another murderer, you're not too evil in Jessica's eyes.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Rob_Ray said:
I don't get time to watch them regularly (it may take more than a year to get through a season) but on selected Sundays evenings that happen to be free, I will reach for the box sets and find the next unwatched episode.

Last night, for the first time in weeks, I watched an episode. It was the one with Cornel Wilde, Richard Beymer, Joanna Barnes, Joanna Pettit and Nancy Dussault. It was quite entertaining with the added twist that we see two characters plot to kill the victim before the actual murder occurs by another's hand. I had to laugh when, in a later scene, Jessica chats with one of the would-be murderers about the aborted attempt as if they were old chums. It seems that, as long as your plan doesn't succeed, or, in this case, gets pre-empted by another murderer, you're not too evil in Jessica's eyes.
I remember that episode very well, and the list of suspects was quite extensive, and Jessica was around just at the right moments to interrogate suspicious persons:

"Excuse me, eh, Serena. Are you looking for this?"

"Can I have my lion back?"

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Matt Hough said:
I remember that episode very well, and the list of suspects was quite extensive, and Jessica was around just at the right moments to interrogate suspicious persons:

"Excuse me, eh, Serena. Are you looking for this?"

"Can I have my lion back?"
Yes! Great scene! No girl named Serena can ever be trusted. At least on television.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
jimmyjet said:
the only serena that i can think of is samantha's twin sister
Exactly! And I happened to be watching this episode with the author of several books on "Bewitched" so you know we laughed about that name.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
muse - liked it quite a bit

play it again solly may or may not have been a take-off ??

cant figure out why anyone would want someone like that (pamela bellwood character marrying the guy that got killed)

a little difficult to think that an 18-year-old girl could be that suffocated as to go along with someone who tells her that their marriage has been arranged ?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Another Bruce Lansbury-written soap opera which means I really hated it. The impresario character who shouted most of his lines and ran the life for the girl (and was rude to every other living soul on the planet) was preposterous, and she acted like a zombie right before his death blithely going along with his plans to marry her. In what modern lifetime would this happen? And, of course, there's a ready-made boy friend there to pick up the pieces afterward in typical Murder, She Wrote happy ending fashion.

And the mystery was really lame. No way ANY viewer could piece together that the dissonant piano chord would open a trick door to shoot a weapon. I figured it was Pamela Bellwood only because she so vigorously laid her claim on this monster which, of course, no sane woman would want to be within fifty miles of.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
wheel - liked it

lisa lawrence has a cute look - surprised she doesnt have many credits

i have now finished 10 seasons - do i ever get to meet this mysterious adele ??

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
No, Adele is often talked about but never appears.

I liked it, too, even if the giveaway was pretty obvious during the magic act when we saw a brown wallet taken but only a money clip returned. A decent way to end a very mediocre season in my estimation.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
For me, not a great start to the season (though the next one I like a lot). There were so many people in love with someone else on this episode it gave me whiplash trying to keep them all straight, and I found the murderer very easy to spot.

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
I have the DVD box-set seasons 1-5 here in the UK. I read a comment on Amazon that season 6 doesn't feature Jessica Fletcher in all of the episodes. She only introduces and closes the stories. How many episodes of the 6th season is she actually in? Thanks.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i am guessing about half.

but it did not bother me - i thought they were just as good !!

for me, it really depends on the writing.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
She's in about half of the Season 6 episodes and missing in about 10 of the season 7 episodes. From then on, it's all Jessica, all the time.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
amsterdam - enjoyable

1) i dont think jessica would have kept nosing around after her first talk with biddle. with what was known, she was adding risk to nigel's life

2) jessica made a mistake walking out of that room so quickly. she told the inspector that she had just arrived, and had nothing to tell him. he knew she lied. if she had just arrived, and not found anything, she would have wanted to stay and look. the inspector was making no moves about making her leave

3) i seem to always enjoy leann hunley. she seems to be in stuff that i have seen. i am almost positive i recall her in highway to heaven, since i watched that religiously, and wasnt watching that many shows at the time.

4) richard lynch - never heard of him. matt, did he have plastic surgery ? his face just did not look normal to me. usually i think of women doing that. but it so often leaves a face as not looking natural.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Richard Lynch was, I believe, badly injured in a fire, so his face and neck even in his younger days has always showed evidence of scar tissue (watch him play a sadistic con in the Al Pacino/Gene Hackman film Scarecrow to see what he USED to look like). He's obviously had plastic work done on him in the time before this episode because now his scarred features are stretched to almost a mask of a live person. Very sad.

I liked this episode more than ANY episode from season 10 and is one of my favorites of the last five years.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
A drug addled Lynch set himself alight in Central Park in 1967, when he was 27. He was burned over 70% of his body but survived to do movies and series TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks