What's new

ARROW VIDEO "Easter Carnage Sale" through ? April 13, 2021 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
For those that wait for these big ArrowUK Sales to load up of cheaper title -- it's started a bit early. Presumed end date is around April 13

Starting as low as £5 and including over 500 Blurays. Many of these titles are released in the US and UK, but usually are significantly cheaper from UK than
most US sales.

ArrowUK EASTER CARNAGE SALE 3/30 - 4/13

Caveats -- a lot of ArrowUK titles are Region A friendly, but only around half. Arrow lists region status in their descriptions, but it's only fairly accurate (if it says A+B you're probably safe), but many items they list REGION B are either Region Free or at least Region A+B

GoogleDoc Summary of ARROW UK known Region Compatibility
This is a pretty good start on know status mostly pulled from Bluray.com database.
Page 1 by Region Status (A friendly at the top -- possible in the middle -- B Locked at the bottom)
Page 2 -- item by release date
Page 3 - titles alphabetically

Shipping was increased a couple years ago so small order are quite expensive relatively and increase by weight rather than titles
Ballpark shipping costs to the US

Arrow shipping is based on weight, not items so it you have 2 disc sets or boxsets the numbers will change.
A single disc, basic Item seems to run around 100gm

Royal International Tracked -- not sure of the turnaround speed for this service.
up to 300gm 1-3 titles £8.
up to 500gm 4-5 £10.
up to 1000gm 6-10 items £12
up to 1500 11-15 £15
up to 2000 16-20 £18

US TNT Tracked
-- this used to be DHL Express at 2-3 days so an extra benefit. Not sure of TNT speed, but they seem to be FedEx which I've had some Priority packages from them show up is 3-4 days too
2-5kg £25 21-50 items

Grindhouse Video
is one of the retailers that sell ARROW US disc and is having a simultaneous sale.
SHipping is flat rate $5 or $10 depending on your order.
They have approx 200 items on sale including several that are US Exclusive and a couple that are sold out or not on sale in the UK
A bit of a warning -- this is essentially a one many shop and he only has a handful of disc on hand. As I understand, he orders discs from his ARROW Supplier as needed then ships them which the order in complete. This means it can take a while to get your order. I think he only accepts PAYPAL for payment though I could be wrong.

GHV Easter Carnage FAQ

GRINDHOUSE VIDEO ARROW US Easter Carnage Sale through April 13

These are the US ARROW Exclusive that GHV appears to have on sale.

ALICE SWEET ALICE BLU-RAY
BASKET CASE BLU-RAY
BLOODY BIRTHDAY (ARROW) BLU-RAY
CHILDREN OF THE CORN BLU-RAY
CHUD BLU-RAY
CREEPSHOW 2 BLU-RAY
DISTANT VOICES, STILL LIVES BLU-RAY
FLASH GORDON 4K ULTRA HD WITH SLIPCOVER
FLASH GORDON BLU-RAY WITH SLIPCOVER
KEOMA BLU-RAY
MALLRATS (LIMITED EDITION) BLU-RAY WITH SLIPCOVER
PSYCHOMANIA BLU-RAY/DVD
SILENT RUNNING BLU-RAY WITH SLIPCOVER
SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE BLU-RAY
SOLID METAL NIGHTMARES: THE FILMS OF SHINYA TSUKAMOTO BLU-RAY [PRE-ORDER]
STRIP NUDE FOR YOUR KILLER (ARROW VIDEO) BLU-RAY
THE LAST STARFIGHTER BLU-RAY WITH SLIPCOVER
THE LOVELESS BLU-RAY
THE PASSION OF DARKLY NOON BLU-RAY WITH SLIPCOVER
TORSO BLU-RAY
WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS? BLU-RAY
WHO SAW HER DIE? BLU-RAY

In addition I could find a couple that aren't on sale at ARROWUK unless Arrow updates on the fly
SURVIVOR BALLADS $50

OOS in UK, but on sale at GHV.
Graveyards of Honor -- not sure, but this may be the non LE re-release
Requiescant -- a really quiet excellent Western

3rd SITE Now starting their EASTER CARNAGE variation
UK site Zavvi has a BOGO going on. Prices on individual items and lower general shipping might make certain orders cheaper

ZAVVI UK ARROW SALE BOGO

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Grindhouse Video is one of the retailers that sell ARROW US disc and is having a simultaneous sale.
SHipping is flat rate $5 or $10 depending on your order.
They have approx 200 items on sale including several that are US Exclusive and a couple that are sold out or not on sale in the UK
A bit of a warning -- this is essentially a one many shop and he only has a handful of disc on hand. As I understand, he orders discs from his ARROW Supplier as needed then ships them which the order in complete. This means it can take a while to get your order. I think he only accepts PAYPAL for payment though I could be wrong.
At looks as though they accept Venmo as well.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
At looks as though they accept Venmo as well.

Could be. I don't do VENMO so didn't cross my eyeballs, but it appears you can't do a std Credit Card/Debit type purchase.
I guess I also tend to lump Venmo, Paypal, etc into the same bucket of payment style

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Could be. I don't do VENMO so didn't cross my eyeballs, but it appears you can't do a std Credit Card/Debit type purchase.
I guess I also tend to lump Venmo, Paypal, etc into the same bucket of payment style
It's what the kids are using ;)

It seems to come up a lot in TV court show cases as the payment the young uns use to the point that it 's now a verb: "I Venmoed her $50.00 to have her do my hair and then she ghosted me when it came time to make an appointment." :cool:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
It's what the kids are using ;)

It seems to come up a lot in TV court show cases as the payment the young uns use to the point that it 's now a verb: "I Venmoed her $50.00 to have her do my hair and then she ghosted me when it came time to make an appointment." :cool:

Honestly my kids do use it and I get offers on a couple my banks to set it up, but no reason to mess with it.

One online PP type is enough. Venmo, ApplePay, GooglePay, SamsungPay, UGonnaPay, OrElsePay all are just another BurgerKing ad to my brain - in the left, out the right and no stopping in the middle

Kind of like Debit Cards -- I just don't get the appeal and would never use one though I do know they exist.
Why take the best of CC, actually throw it away, keep the worst of the CC, increase the risk to your bank acct and then sell it as a product. I'd just as soon write a check in a 30 deep line at the Grocery Store (then forget to use my coupons and ask if they can re-ring the basket) the day before an oncoming Cat 5 Hurricane than use a Debit Card -- can't you just see the Monty Python routine writing itself ("crackle, crackle -- Manager to Checkout 5, Manager to Checkout 5 for an override -- skkkksts!")

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
ArrowUK has announced an extension of their sale until April 19 (probably around Noon BST).

Grindhouse has said they don't plan to extend and have literally been overwhelmed with orders and their store is overflowing.

I haven't read anything about Zavvi planning to extend, but it isn't uncommon for them to follow the Parent Company Sale

Just for those who haven't read the news -- Zavvi's parent company (The Hut) has apparently contracted to buy majority ownership in Arrow from the family who has run it for decades.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
For US customers Family Video is having a "Up to 60% Off Sale" through May 31,2021 ...

1621653831298.png

The Family Video site says "Up to 60%" the blurb from Arrow says "up to 50%" it looks like many fall into the "up to" (ie less tahn 50% off)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks