JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Today I watched Shyamalan's latest film, Knock at the Cabin. Pretty decent, low-key thriller. Best to go in not knowing much about it.

Kind of a messed up story, that reminds me a bit of the (probably better) 2001 film Frailty. I need to revisit that one.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I have not seen Knock at the Cabin, although I will eventually do so. I am intrigued by the comparison to Frailty which is an excellent film that I have not viewed in probably five or so years.

- Walter.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have not seen Knock at the Cabin, although I will eventually do so. I am intrigued by the comparison to Frailty which is an excellent film that I have not viewed in probably five or so years.

- Walter.
There are definite parallels in the basic theme of both films.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Incidentally, watching Atomic Blonde yesterday has given me the urge to watch a couple obscure titles starring a few of the same actors.

Filth, with James McAvoy and Eddie Marsan...

and Climax, with Sofia Boutella.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Descent (2005)

First viewing of this spelunking/weird creature horror flick. It was decent, though for me the whole issue of getting stuck was far more terrifying than the rest of it. Decently effective, though the premise is just too absurd to draw me in much, and the ending pretty much cemented that impression. Still, I can see watching it again sometime. Even though The Descent is held in significantly higher regard, I actually prefer the maligned 2009 movie Pandorum, which has some general similarities.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Adjustment Bureau (2010)

My second viewing, after at least a dozen years, of this adaptation of Philip K. Dick. I think it's much better than its reputation. It's really kind of a sweet story, and the two leads are excellent. Plus Emily Blunt doesn't often get to be British. Yeah, it gets a little messy toward the end, as a lot of movies do, but by then I've accepted the premise and just go with it. Actually, I'm kind of a sucker for anything that addresses the concepts of free will and predetermination.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks