What's new

Hello from the D (1 Viewer)

deviate2112

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Cottle
Hello HTF, My name is Mike, from the depressed frozen tundra known as Detroit...we noone really lives "in Detroit" we all live around Detroit...suburbs that is. A little about myself; I'm a 40 something ex audiophile addict...the first way of dealing with a problem is admitting it right? I started my audio journey back in the late 80's working for a mid-fi audio retailer in Northern Michigan...on one side we sold Grand Pianos and on the other Polk Audio and various other companies. My first true Audiophile awakening was a B&W rep sat me down at his house in front of a pair of Matrix 805 and a Audio Research amp/pre combo...that was the first time I "Saw" the music...I was hooked...I sold my Cerwin Vega speakers and picked up some Carver Amazings with Carver associated equipment...from there it's been a rotating smorgasbord every so often reaching the "Hi-FI" sound...Magnepan, Martin Logan, B&W Nault, Krell, Audio Research....working for higher end retailers in the Detroit area could afford me my hobby...until I had to get a "Real Job"....and then I shut my addiction down for a few years...I was just accustomed to a certain level that I couldn't attain... I just recently...within the last few years started collecting a nice what I would call "Mid-Fi" system: NHT Classic 4, front Classic Center Classic 3 for side and rear Sunfire Theater Grand IV Pre/pro Emotiva XPA-2 for fronts Emotiva XPA-5 for the rest Epik dual 12" sub Parts/Dayton 15" kit sub Oppo 103 DVD All in all....I'm "mostly" happy...I still miss my B&W Nault 804s....maybe some day I'll have two systems again...Audio and Video, but not now. My wife is a big "Gamer" and can really appreciate that most games are DTS....I'm mostly a music guy...but do love movies...next up is buying a new house...Home theater area is a must....and maybe looking into a Front Projector Well that's me in a nutshell..."no this is me in a nutshell" Austin Powers.... Looking for any other Detroiters wanting to hang and chat audio...

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Welcome aboard Mike. I've never experienced anything like seeing the music but my systems have always been a bit more "bang for the buck" oriented than high end =) Hope you can find a few other locals who enjoy good sound out that way!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks