What's new

More SVS Questions (1 Viewer)

I have a couple of questions about SVS subs. I have pretty much decided to go with these since everyone finds them to be so great. I am running a Yamaha RX-V2200. I have not decided which speakers I am getting (M&K, Def-Tek or Vandersteen).
1. My HT is 30x12x8 (length x width x height), which set-up from SVS should I go with? I am leaning towards the Dual SVS sub package w/20-39CS+ and Samson S-1000. Would this be adequate for this size room?
2. I have read a little about putting an EQ to just the subs. I have an older ADC Sound Shaper 325X, would this work on the SVS or not?
3. Why does the current discount on SVS only apply to previous customers, my wife.com said I could buy right now if they offered the discount to everyone(I am sure that is just a ruse on her part to appease me and to get her way;) ).
Thanks for any help on these questions,
P.S. #3 above was just my little rant for the day and was meant in jest. My wife wants a new HT, just doesn't want to help pay for it, I am sure she is a Sucubis:D

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
1. Yes, indeed! If you gotta de $$$!

2. No. I looked for one to see what it was, parametric or not. If it's a 1/3 octave, it may work ok for 2 or 3 bands, a 1/6 octave would be better, and a parametric would be best.

3. I dunno.

You are blessed with a wife that likes HT.

- CM

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>I have a couple of questions about SVS subs. I have pretty much decided to go with these since everyone finds them to be so great. I am running a Yamaha RX-V2200. I have not decided which speakers I am getting (M&K, Def-Tek or Vandersteen).
1. My HT is 30x12x8 (length x width x height), which set-up from SVS should I go with? I am leaning towards the Dual SVS sub package w/20-39CS+ and Samson S-1000. Would this be adequate for this size room?>2. I have read a little about putting an EQ to just the subs. I have an older ADC Sound Shaper 325X, would this work on the SVS or not?3. Why does the current discount on SVS only apply to previous customers, my wife.com said I could buy right now if they offered the discount to everyone(I am sure that is just a ruse on her part to appease me and to get her way )

"Remember to tell her that when she's eyeing a new pair of $100 shoes. Point to the *buy one shoe get one free* rack and say she's "allowed" to get a pair...but only over there.."

He He, now I like that one. I have the second Imelda Marcos living under my roof. She has so many shoes, she steals all the space in my closet for her "summer" shoes.

Thanks for the info guys,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks