What's new

More DVD-A Delays........... (1 Viewer)

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
Posted on another board.........

Just contacted Robin Hurley for the first time in a while. You can screw up most of the release dates you think you're going to get as we're looking at:

Electric Warrior - Jan 04
REM catalog - Feb 04
The 2 Jackson Brownes - Feb/Mar 04

No movement on Moondance or Blue.

Frustrating isn't it?
Talk about giving people a reason to lose interest in a product.

What gives with this crap?

I'm slowly moving into not giving a rats ass about these "fairy tale" announcements.

We need firm dates - not false promises.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget though, that this December was rumored as the date Warner was going to go DVD-A/CD flippers for its releases. I would rather get the benefit of the additional CD layer from waiting a few more months.

That being said, release dates when it comes to Hi-res are becoming quite frustrating, and I take everyone with a grain of salt (Universal is usually good though). Warner makes me scratch my head all the time when it comes to product scheduling. Of course they are also on the selling block, so that could have an impact as well.

J

Jesper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jesper Nielsen
I don't have money to buy all these titles at once - so I can wait! :)

But if it has anything to do with the flipper sistuation, I can live with it...

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I have heard of a format called "Cee Dee" that has several titles to choose from. I think I will try some of those while we wait for dvd-audio to get it's act together. :)

Some cee dees I want to get:

Nightmares On Wax Smoker's Delight
Portishead Dummy
King Crimson In The Court Of The Crimson King
311 Evolver
Beatles The white album
Eighteenth Street Lounge compilation Dubbed Out In DC (features several full tracks using RealAudio stream)

LJ

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
Lance - I just bought "In The Court............" a few weeks back and the recording is atrocious. I heard this title might be coming out in SACD or DVD-A so I would probably wait.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
The alleged In the Court... SACD was announced ages ago and nothing happened with it. I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

The latest remastered CD sounds pretty good.

Is that flipper thing really happening? They haven't actually decided to do that yet, right?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
The King Crimson SACD is supposed to come out this month...if it's not delayed again for the ump-teenth time. On the album's recording quality, remember, it was recorded in 1968.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Al, I sympathize! I had two copies of it on vinyl, one unopened, and sold them both, along with the only copy of IN THE WAKE OF POSIDON that I had. I now regret selling them. The CD's I have of both definitely sound like mp3 compared to the vinyl. I have IN THE COURT OF on preorder from Music Direct and I'm crossing my fingers and toes too. If the SACD never does materialize, I'm gonna watch for it to possibly come around on heavy vinyl...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks