What's new

Modulator suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Brandon:W

Stunt Coordinator
I was hoping some of you more experienced Video Distribution guys/gals out there would have some suggestions about a good quality RF modulator.

Basically I'm trying to distribute my DirecTV, DVD, VCR and Media streaming device throughout the house via RG6 cable. I'm planning on sending the modulated signal to the video distribution box (about 60 feet) where it will be connected to a 5x8 multiswitch and then sent throughout the house to the other rooms.

I'm thinking I can use my Yamaha AV Receiver to switch the video/audio signals so I would only need a single channel modulator.

I want to stay under $100. S-Video and stereo input would be nice, but probably not available for that price.

I've seen a cheap s-video and stereo modulator but I don't know if this has the power that I'd need. It seems pretty cheap for what you get - since I've seen other modulators that have stereo and s-video going for around $300.

Any input or suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance for the help.

Brandon

Brandon:W

Stunt Coordinator
After more investigation, I see that a modulator like the cheap one above, is probably only made to connect directly to a TV - not for distribution throughout a home.

So what about taking that cheap one (which offers S-Video and Stereo) and hooking that to a amplifier for distribution?

Something like this amplifier would be inexpensive. So I'd get S-Video and stereo for less than $100.

No one has any comments on this?

Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks