What's new

Help connecting subwoofer. RG6 cable?? (1 Viewer)

Cjcola16

Auditioning
Real Name
Calvin
Hello all,

I’ve searched the forum and it’s probably because I don’t know the keywords I’m looking for.

I’m trying to connect a subwoofer from the sonance MAG5.1R and on the back it’s a LFE input. When we bought our house the prewire coming out of the wall is a RG6 cable with a screw in piece that looks like it connects to a modem/router.

I’ve seen YouTube videos of an RCA compression to coax connector but mine already has this weird thing attached to it… what am I missing here I feel like an idiot.

Here’s a pic of the RC6 coming out the wall.

Attachments

• 06675BEC-D14E-47A8-A737-1907CBE3F8B8.jpeg
    06675BEC-D14E-47A8-A737-1907CBE3F8B8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
2 options -- you could remove the current connector and change to a RCA compression adapter OR there are adapters with a female RG6 screw-on to RCA adapter.

Something like this might work though I'll let the electronics and stereo folks chime in. THis is a pretty cheap item and there might be better quality items available elsewhere
https://www.cctvcamerapros.com/RCA-Male-to-F-Female-Connector-p/cn-rcf1.htm

Some installers apparently don't like using RG6 rather than normal Interconnects, but if done properly it should still work. Your pic certainly looks like it uses good quality compression connectors and not the cheap twist-on or crimp style connectors

Last edited:

Cjcola16

Auditioning
Real Name
Calvin
Thank you so much! I’ll try the items you listed first since I don’t have the tools in order to do the compression.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks