What's new

Metal Arms - A Blast (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
This month's OXM game disc has a demo of Metal Arms. What a hoot! Crisp graphics and entertaining gameplay. Some slowdown when the action gets hot, and a weird pseudo-combing effect when you pan. You get shooting and platform elements plus vehicles and enemy robots that you can control. I'm looking forward to this one. Anyone else enjoy it as well?

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Hey Jay,

I had a lot of fun with the demo as well. It looks like there are some destructible environment elements as well. I was in the turret and was just randomly shooting and things when I was able to destroy some of the billboards nearly - some nice animations for their destruction. :emoji_thumbsup:

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I agree on all points. This little game kinda surprised me. Really like the destruction!!! :D Hopefully, it has some length of play. Considering picking this up.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
This might be the sleeper hit of the year. All the reviews I've read on it are excellent. Now that it's out does anyone have any further comments on the full version?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well, this title is now $29.99 and I have a $5 off video games coupon at Best Buy, so I will be picking it up and posting my impressions tonight! :)

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I've been playing it and it's a lot of fun. It's a great straight-up shooter with enough diversions to keep things from getting over repetitive.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Don't forget the $10 rebate as well. I ordered a used copy for $20 from ebgames. I figure I can get a $10 rebate from that as well.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Prentice, what $10 rebate?

I haven't opened the game yet (didn't have time yesterday) - is the rebate in the game?

Thanks!

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I noticed the price drop recently but I'm so behind in games right now I'm going to have to hold off. Said it before, I'll say it again: too many games, too little time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks