What's new

Disney+ Black Widow (2021) (1 Viewer)

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
I have a hard time believing that Marvel would do that. It makes much more sense to set this movie to show us that famed mission to Budapest that Hawkeye and Natasha have referenced so many times in past movies. Why bring it up so much if they have no plans to show us what happened?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That sounds good to me. But if they do that, it would probably require some of the Avengers to appear. I think Jeremy Renner is likely to pop up here no matter what, but would Chris Evans, for example, want to return so soon after Endgame? They may have to do some creative accounting for why the Avengers aren't present if it occurs between films. If it's a prequel to Iron Man 2, they don't have to feature anyone else we know, and it would still make sense.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
For all we know, other Avengers could have shot small portions during the Endgame shoots or reshoots, or might have been signed around that time. They’ve all been pretty good about doing one day shoots in other films when there was a need. But I’m not really expecting this to be a film that’s about the Avengers. I think they could easily show what Natasha was up to at different points in her life without needing to actually show new footage of her with the Avengers.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
If it is set after Civil War it seems less likely Clint would have a significant role since after being freed from the Raft by Cap he negotiated a deal for house arrest.

Unless there’s more story to that before he went back to the farm. So I guess they could be playing in that window.

But based on their relationship it would seem like Hawkeye should be involved in a Black Widow movie.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If it is set after Civil War it seems less likely Clint would have a significant role since after being freed from the Raft by Cap her negotiated a deal for house arrest.

That's a great point.

I wouldn't expect spoilers, per se, but since this is likely being released next year, I would not be surprised if there is a plot synopsis released at either Comic-Con or D23 this year (at whichever event Marvel decides to unveil its upcoming slate) which will at least clarify where the film falls on the timeline.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Since filming is already underway, this seems like a lock to occupy the May 2020 Marvel release slot. Whatever they put there will inevitably be compared to Endgame's then-year ago box office performance and do less, but the drop is likely to be less pronounced if they have this with an existing character instead of a totally new property like The Eternals or Shang-Chi.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Speaking of Shang-Chi, word is that they're going to revisit the Mandarin (the real one) in that film.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The movie started filming in Norway. There are conflicting reports whether Scarlet Johansson is sporting blonde or red hair. The photos I saw of her are with both.
Unless the red hair is a wig, I'm guessing that she's got red hair and it just looked blonde through the tinting of the windshield in that one photo. The darker auburn red matches her hair color in Iron Man 2, which might be an indication of time period.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I just saw a trailer of it and I'm surprise nobody mentioned it.

Of Black Widow? Where did you see it? I think it's highly unlikely, since the movie hasn't even been officially announced yet, and they've only started filming.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Of Black Widow? Where did you see it? I think it's highly unlikely, since the movie hasn't even been officially announced yet, and they've only started filming.
It was on Youtube, the more I think about, it must have been a bogus trailer with scenes from Red Sparrow mixed in with Scarlett and Renner.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It was on Youtube, the more I think about, it must have been a bogus trailer with scenes from Red Sparrow mixed in with Scarlett and Renner.

There are several fan edit trailers on YouTube. Some of them are pretty good! It's unlikely we will see a real trailer until late fall.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If Black Widow takes the May 2020 slot as expected, I suspect the first trailer will go with Star Wars in December.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Latest rumor:
Black Widow, while set pre-Infinity War, is actually a torch-passing movie. Florence Pugh is playing Yelena Belova, who is redeemed by Natasha in this movie, gets dusted in the Snap, and then assumes the Black Widow mantle in the post-Endgame movies.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Latest rumor:
Black Widow, while set pre-Infinity War, is actually a torch-passing movie. Florence Pugh is playing Yelena Belova, who is redeemed by Natasha in this movie, gets dusted in the Snap, and then assumes the Black Widow mantle in the post-Endgame movies.

I could see that happening, but if they don't find some way to address the "Budapest story" they've referenced so many times----and why Nat felt like she had so much "red in her ledger" that she sacrificed herself in Endgame to correct----I'll be seriously disappointed.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
if they don't find some way to address the "Budapest story"

I don't think Adam's speculation and the Budapest story are mutually exclusive. They can do both by exploring multiple time periods -- which isn't typical for Marvel -- but neither is having an origin film after the character has already been on screen for a decade and died. So I don't think the normal Marvel playbook necessarily has to apply to everything they do in this movie.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
I don't think Adam's speculation and the Budapest story are mutually exclusive. They can do both by exploring multiple time periods -- which isn't typical for Marvel -- but neither is having an origin film after the character has already been on screen for a decade and died. So I don't think the normal Marvel playbook necessarily has to apply to everything they do in this movie.

We can hope! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks