What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow – 2021)
full

– The Shawshank Redemption – 1994
full

– Santa Fe Trail – 1940
full

– Arabesque – 1966
full

– Mare of Easttown – 2021
full

– The Boss Baby – Family Business – 2021...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well...its been a while since I've had the opportunity to feature a Scarlett Johansson film in the RoundUp! :laugh:

So that's the good news this week. But there's also a number of fun films making their debuts.

Hope you find something you like! :D

Safe shopping!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

I'll be picking up Black Widow this week, but it sure would be nice if it was less than $24.99 for the Blu-ray.

I also have the new edition of Kubo and the Two Strings on order because it is my favorite Laika film. If anyone hasn't seen it, I would certainly recommend it. But Amazon hasn't given me a delivery date on that yet. If I think Kubo is a worthy upgrade from the previous edition, I might go back and get ParaNorman and the other two Laika reissues from a couple weeks ago later.

Clay_E

Second Unit
The Best Buy Steelbook release of Black Widow is confusing. It won't let me do store pickup within 250 miles of Burbank, CA, and says that delivery is unavailable for this item (so basically I just can't order it at all).

On the other hand, if I set my store to somewhere out-of-state (in this case, Washington, DC), it says it's only available for store pickup and I can't have it shipped.

This is maddening. How am I supposed to order this fershlugginer thing??

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is maddening. How am I supposed to order this fershlugginer thing??
I have had that happen multiple times in the past. So, even though I don't personally want the steelbook for Black Widow, I certainly sympathize with your issue.

I would advise getting on your computer really early Tuesday morning because from time to time the stores seem to get a few copies restocked on the morning of release. I really wanted the steelbook of Knives Out but faced the same issue as you've described. So I was about ready to throw up my hands and just order the regular version from Amazon instead. But at 6am-ish, I checked the website one last time and found one copy of the steelbook in stock at a local store. I grabbed it and checked out as soon as I could for store pickup. Basically, I got lucky. If you play it right, you might be able to get lucky as well. I've also had situations where I really wanted a steelbook and they simply sold out too fast for me to find one. So it can go either way. Good luck. I hope you get one.

The other thing you can do in the future is to pre-order as soon as the steelbook goes up for sale rather than waiting until closer to the release date. The sooner you place the pre-order, the more likely it is that they'll have it available for you. I pre-ordered the steelbook for Onward on March 6, 2020, the day that it officially opened in theaters. Best Buy put a hold on the funds immediately and it just stayed there for about two months before the disc came out. But I had the copy reserved, so I didn't have to worry about whether I was going to be able to get one. That was certainly worth the annoyance of having a hold on the funds for that long. Now, if there is a steelbook that I know that I want, I just order it as soon as possible, even if the release date is a while off.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon just provided me a delivery date for Kubo and the Two Strings (which is released on September 14) of October 8, which would be 24 days later.

That's ridiculous.

I have half a mind to cancel the order and just keep my existing Universal disc.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I said yesterday that it would be nice if Black Widow was less than $24.99.

When Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) came out, street date price for the Blu-ray was $19.99

A while back when Infinity War (2018) and Endgame (2019) came out, they were pre-ordering at $24.99, but decreased on the Sunday before release when the Best Buy and Target Sunday flyers listed them at $22.99. I noticed the $2 increase over what had previously been standard pricing and wasn't happy about it, but I still paid it because they were Infinity War and Endgame and of course I needed them for my MCU collection.

So I was hoping that that would happen again today.

Unfortunately, it did not. So it looks like street date price is in fact going to be $24.99, which represents another $2 increase over the immediate previous street date pricing for MCU titles.

I'm not even getting the 4K release or steelbook, and $24.99 is a lot for a single standard Blu-ray.

Like before, I'm willing to tolerate the increase because I need Black Widow for my MCU collection. Also, Disney rarely does price drops on these kind of big titles, so I don't think waiting a few months will make much difference in the price. However, I certainly hope this is the last increase they try to do and that if the price must go up by a couple bucks, this is the ceiling.

Clay_E

Second Unit
I have had that happen multiple times in the past. So, even though I don't personally want the steelbook for Black Widow, I certainly sympathize with your issue.

I would advise getting on your computer really early Tuesday morning because from time to time the stores seem to get a few copies restocked on the morning of release. I really wanted the steelbook of Knives Out but faced the same issue as you've described. So I was about ready to throw up my hands and just order the regular version from Amazon instead. But at 6am-ish, I checked the website one last time and found one copy of the steelbook in stock at a local store. I grabbed it and checked out as soon as I could for store pickup. Basically, I got lucky. If you play it right, you might be able to get lucky as well. I've also had situations where I really wanted a steelbook and they simply sold out too fast for me to find one. So it can go either way. Good luck. I hope you get one.

The other thing you can do in the future is to pre-order as soon as the steelbook goes up for sale rather than waiting until closer to the release date. The sooner you place the pre-order, the more likely it is that they'll have it available for you. I pre-ordered the steelbook for Onward on March 6, 2020, the day that it officially opened in theaters. Best Buy put a hold on the funds immediately and it just stayed there for about two months before the disc came out. But I had the copy reserved, so I didn't have to worry about whether I was going to be able to get one. That was certainly worth the annoyance of having a hold on the funds for that long. Now, if there is a steelbook that I know that I want, I just order it as soon as possible, even if the release date is a while off.

Sound advice, Jake--thanks very much! I'll definitely try logging on first thing Tuesday morning and see if that helps.

How do you find out when a steelbook becomes available for order? I checked on Black Widow awhile back and all Best Buy had available was the standard edition.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
How do you find out when a steelbook becomes available for order? I checked on Black Widow awhile back and all Best Buy had available was the standard edition.
It used to be that pre-orders would go up on the day of the theatrical release, but the last time that was the case was with Onward in March 2019 right before COVID shut everything down. So I don't think they're doing that anymore. Disney has been later and later recently in unveiling pre-orders. Raya and the Last Dragon, for which I did buy the steelbook, came out on May 18 but didn't go up for pre-order until May 10. I wanted it so much I literally searched Best Buy's website once every day between its theatrical release on March 5 and when it finally went up on May 10. This was annoying, but it paid off because I was able to order it as soon as possible and made sure I got one.

With Black Widow, I think they listed the steelbook a few hours after the regular edition for whatever reason. A friend of mine was wondering about it, so I noticed it, even though I only want the standard release for this particular title. I want all of my MCU cases to match as closely as possible, so I've stuck to the keepcases for them because if I got one in steelbook, it would drive me nuts unless I had them all that way. Raya and the majority of the other films I have in steelbook format are standalone titles so they don't look weird in my collection the way a series would if they were in different case types.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Amazon just provided me a delivery date for Kubo and the Two Strings (which is released on September 14) of October 8, which would be 24 days later.

That's ridiculous.

I have half a mind to cancel the order and just keep my existing Universal disc.
Like most studios, Shout Factory is probably having replication issues for that title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks