What's new

Lost World DTS vs DD (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Ok guys I have the DD LW but have the (corrected) DTS of JP. And of course I have JPIII as well.

My question is: how is the DD compare to the DTS of LW? I did a saerch but I couldnt find the answer to this question.

Any help is appreciated.

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
I'd be interested in this as well. It seems I remember some of the members doing some extensive testing with regards to the dts LW DVD, dts LW laserdisc, and the DD LW DVD but can't remember what the findings were. If memory serves me correctly, there were a few problems with it but not anything like the first pressing of the dts Jurassic Park.
I too own the DD LW and am contemplating getting the dts version if there is much difference between the two mixes because I definitely prefer the mix used for J Park on the dts disc when comapred to the DD mix.

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
[size=]I found it! Check out this analysis done by Mr. Bjoern Roy. It compares the dts LW laser, the dts LW DVD, and the DD LW DVD...looks like the -4dB in LFE that plagued Jurassic Park 1 is not present here, however, the two DVD mixes still aren't correct when compared to the laserdisc mix (assuming the the laserdisc mix is correct).

My thanks to Bjoern for doing this research.

http://home.t-online.de/home/bjoern....s/LW/LW_01.htm

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Michael,

Thanks for the link but it didnt work. Did it say that there isnt much of a difference between the DD and DTS dvds?

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
Matthew, give the link another try, it seems to work for me.
From what I gather, it looks as though the mixes are very similar with the DD track having a bit more bass sent to the left main channel. LFE looks about the same with the dts track peaking a shade higher at a couple of different frequnecy points. However I guess one might prefer one over the other after listening to them both. Unfortunately, I have only heard the DD version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks