What's new

billO'

Stunt Coordinator
The Longest Yard is just a jock version of Cool Hand Luke. Not as signifcant culturally but a helluva lot funnier. It's also the '70s film that solidified Reynold's ascent as a box-office superstar, for better or worse.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
This poster somebody could not make THE LONGEST YARD look more macho (or gay) if it tried. "For men, for women, for..." WTF is Reynolds wearing? Looks like a test for ZARDOZ. I like the film because it's the only Aldrich comedy that actually almost works as a comedy. As a kid, the tone shifts fascinated and disturbed me.
I think it was about that 70s hair
1685599439876.png
today ... gone tomorrow :D!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Watched the UHD yesterday. Very nice looking video. I was thinking about why they didn’t have Joe Kapp playing QB for the guards. I guess the easy answer is Ed
Lauter played a good villain.

Diehardfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
This was the first film I ever saw that had a packed house standing and cheering at the end. Very similar to actually being at a game. The film would never win any awards but was a huge crowd pleaser and you walked out the door smiling. Isn't that why you go to the movies?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks