What's new

Lost: Season Four (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Ditto. It took me a minute to figure out what was going on. I almost thought it was all taking place in the same time period and Sun was in the hospital room Jin looked into.

We at least got an "answer" to one thing: the footage of the plane wreckage we saw in the first episode was faked and Ben was in on it somehow.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Nice curve ball tonight.

Gotta love Hurley - only he would travel around the world like he did to visit Sun.

And Ben must have deep pockets indeed to fake a jet airliner crash complete with 324 bodies.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'd say it was a good episode all in all, but the Jin flashback is a shameless cheat for two reasons. 1) It has nothing to do with the rest of the episode and 2) they've never inter cut between three timelines before. So in the end, not only does it break the "rules" of the show, it does so for no purpose other than to fool the audience.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I have to admit I'm surprised anyone was fooled by the flash back/forward thing (I knew it literally the first second they showed Jin off the island, and I usually never catch on to that type of stuff). And didn't Sun make #6 of the "Oceanic 6" anyway?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering why he was behaving like the old Jin - especially the shouting at the taxi cab. That should have been a big clue. Still, I thought it was a good twist and we don't know yet how he does die (or whether he just stays behind).

There are some people who think Aaron is one of the six and so that would make Jin #6. I don't buy that. On the other hand, I thought in one of the podcasts that they said we were supposed to know who the Oceanic Six were by the end of this episode. The promo for the episode (which you can see on lost.abc.com) says that "you will discover the last of the Oceanic Six" with this episode.

If there is a podcast for this episode, maybe they'll reveal more about our being misled again.

Neil

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
That's exactly why I put the word rule in quotation marks. While there technically are no rules to what the producers can do, this is the first time it was ever pulled and it just comes off as a cheap attempt at playing with the audience.

As for the Oceanic Six. Yes, I believe they do count Aaron.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Aaron indeed counts. We have our "six."

Also, there is no way of knowing right now, if the "Panda-Jin" story has ties to another, yet to be seen, story thread. That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Well, technically, it should be Oceanic 7. Kate, Jack, Hurley, Sayid, Aaron, Sun, and now JY. Although, if Aaron and JY are considered as 0.5 each then I guess it is Oceanic 6.

:)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Nobody is discussing the re-apearance of Michael? I haven't been keeping up with this thread for a while. I know it wasn't that big a surprise.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Always expect the unexpected. (Or was that a catch phrase from Big Brother?) :laugh: :laugh:

In any event, nothing surprises me on Lost any more since part of the deal is that the writers are playing with us. And as strange as it sounds I wouldn't be shocked if the "Oceanic Sixth" turns out to be good old Charlie (who probably miraculously escaped via an air pocket that was off camera during his swan song scene).

;)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Exactly right Nelson. His reappearance was known from the beginning of the season so any 'surprise' was long past.

I am curious as to the whereabouts of Walt.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I thought last night's show was too much of a cheat. The writers should have higher ambitions than playing "gotcha!" with the audience. We've certainly come to expect better of them.

With word circulating that the "death" on the show would be somehow "different" from what we've seen in the past, I thought it would be either Jin or Sun in a flash-forward. So, not surprised that we saw Jin's grave - although from the date on the stone, it looks like he died on the island (or in the "crash") as far as the world knows. Also, no way Sun's daughter could be part of the Oceanic 6, as she was born off the island, and was not even conceived when the mother was on the flight.

Michael's appearance was the least suprising element of the show. With the actor's name in the credits for 7 weeks now, we knew he was coming. Glad to see Sayid slapping him around in next week's preview. Who among us would not want to slap him around? If for nothing else than his habit of constantly screaming "Waaaaaaallllllt!" every episode for two seasons.

Some possible historical background on the captain? See this:
Captain Gault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Anyone have any ideas on what the significance behind the woman reading the book upside down was?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks