What's new

Lost: Season Four (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I can't see Jack letting Faraday and Charlotte mess around with poison gas (even if he went with them) when they're the only two people with protection against it. Earlier in the day/last episode, they admitted to keeping things from the survivors so who knows what else they're keeping things from him. And Jack must still have Ben's warning that if the freighter people come to the island that everyone on the island would die in the back of his mind. And if they asked Jack and he said no, Jack is going to keep his eye on them after that.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I also thought this to be a mediocre episode.

Anyone else surprisingly fooled by the opening moments
where we see Juliette talking with the Psychiatrist concerning
being bothered about her "celebrity" status.

The immediate thought was that this was the future and
she was talking about her return to the mainland. However,
once the "others" guy walks in we know we have been tricked
and that this is the past.

It was a nice trick that worked for me since there have
only been "flash-forwards" for the past half dozen episodes.

Anyone else fooled?

John Swarce

Second Unit
I was fooled on that, too, Ron. I'm surprised no one had mentioned it yet, now that you bring it up. Another great "set-up" by the writers.

I have a feeling that we will find that Ben has always been in control of the situations that have been happening on the island, even when he has been a captive. He seems to be playing a game and he's five moves ahead of everyone. I keep thinking back to Season 1 where Locke and Walt were playing backgammon (Locke to Walt: "2 players...one light, one darK") and how that will probably come full circle at the end of the series.

Just some great writing we are seeing on this series and I think we will look back fondly on it 10 to 20 years from now.

--John

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
In 'retrospect', I loved the flashbacks but the Jack's side of the island story wasn't all that compelling. That being said, I thought Terry O'Quinn, Michael Emerson and Elizabeth Mitchell (especially in the flashbacks) all nailed it in terms of acting which made the episode for me.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member

Wouldn't the island and the boat HAVE to be in the same time if they could send and recieve walkie transmissions in real time? Unless it's like a "Frequency" sitch where the signal itself travels back and forth.

Arild

Supporting Actor
No, but she could still leave the island. Same thing with Desmond. No one ever said that only the Oceanic 6 got away. And we already know from Sayid's flash-forward that Ben leaves the island at some point.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

It's a pretty fair assumption, even within the confines of LOST, where assumptions are dangerous, to say that the "Oceanic Six" are the suviving members of Oceanic Flight 815. By surviving, I mean they are what the contemporary media knows to be surviving.

Sure, it's possible that Juliet makes it off the Island (as Ben does), and she may indeed enjoy "celebrity" status for one reason or another, but it wouldn't make sense for her to be considered one of the Oceanic Six.

And before anyone brings up Aaron, I would suggest that for Kate to claim that she is the mother, she simply stated that she was pregnant while the plane crashed, came to term on the island, and had Jack deliver the baby - a story that makes Jack's tale of her rescue bravery even more incredible.

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
Not with absolute certainty, that I could tell, but if it didn't, it would mean that Sayid would easily and quickly be able to go back and forth between a continent and the island, which is pretty unlikely.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that pop up info stopped well before the scene with ben.

the rest of the stuff with sayid and the woman took place in berlin according to the pop up.
i'm just throwing it out there is all.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
now back to the recent ep, when ben took the box out of the safe i was saying to my wife, ok here is the magic box Ben spoke of earlier, but it wasn't.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Yes... Unless Ben works as a veterinarian on the island, and Sayid had the means to get there from Berlin in a matter of hours (at the most).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
assuming he is a vet ecause he has dogs in cages in a medial facility.

and a means of traveling to and from the island may or may not have been revealed.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
But Locke doesn't see Harold Perrineau's name in the credits every week, or heard all the leaks :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I know I read it somewhere (maybe EW?) but for the sake of those who'd rather not know this kind of obvious plot point, I will spoilerize: The producers have said that the season will end with Jack and some of the other castaways (the Oceanic 6) getting off the island.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

i just looked at the scene.
it is exaclty the same.
except the look with goodwin and juliet was not there and harper was
no were to be found in the scene.

so i'm guessing the "look" and harper shots were reshoots and just added in to the original shots.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Certainly wouldn't be the first time there's been evidence of them making some of this stuff up as they go along.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks