What's new

Looking to purchase floorstanding speakers soon (1 Viewer)

spiroH

Agent
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a set of floorspeakers soon. I went to a couple of places and noticed tweeter had a brand called Sapphire. I was looking to buy the lowerend model but was more impressed with the ST3 model that they had. I already have a sub in my 5.1 system that I'm looking to upgrade but I would prefer the floorstanding speakers to already have a sub. The Sapphires fit the billing nicely. Are there any DIY towers or other brands I can look at for around $800?

Thanks

Lee M T

Second Unit
I have enjoyed what I have heard of the Saphire speakers. Though I haven't had the chance to really sit down for a critical listen.

I'm not sure if the sale is still going on, but I just bought a pair of Mirage OM-9 towers for $699 this past Friday at Tweeter. The speakers are normally $1,299. The Black High Gloss color are the only ones on sale, not the cherry.

I am absolutely in love with these speakers so far. My system consists of the following:

Mirage OM-9's (Front)
Mirage Omni CB (Center)
Mirage Omni 60's (Rear)
SVS 25-31PCi (Sub tuned to 22Hz)

The OM-9's just replaced my Omni 60 bookshelves and I moved those to rear duty. Movies and games are oh so sweet! Then throwing the Yammie reciever into stereo mode for two channel music listening is wonderful. I loved my Omni bookies, and still do, but the OM-9's are just making me smile so wide right now.

spiroH

Agent
I listened to the Mirages but I didnt like the sound. I dont know if it was the speakers but they seemed to have an echo.

ScottLR

Stunt Coordinator

spiroH

Agent
Thanks. My friend had B&W CDM-7s and they were really sweet. If I can get a good deal on hem used in black I will def purchase them.

Joey_V

Second Unit
You can always go to av123.com and check out hteir onix rockets! For about $799, you can buy a b-stock 750 (KILLER speakers)!

Or you can get a pair of Polk LSi9 speakers and mate it with an SVS subwoofer.

Or you can go to axiomaudio.com and check out their speakers.

I listened to the Sapphires but I didnt like the sound.

There are other speakers out there, someone else will give their 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks