What's new

Replacement Reciever (1 Viewer)

Kendall

Auditioning
Hello, well the time has finally come to replace my Denon AVR-3300 due to the video component of the receiver dying. Here is the rest of my ancient equipment that I purchased nearly ten years ago based on help from this forum:

Sony KP-61V45 Rear projection TV (S-Video & RCA jacks)
Paradigm PW-2200 Sub
Infinity CC-3 Center-Channel
Infinity RS 5 Floorstanding Speakers
Infinity QPS1 Surround Speakers
Pioneer DV-525 DVD Player (Optical & S-Video Out)
Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 digital cable box (S-Video & RCA)

I am looking for a budget receiver for this equipment for use in an apartment. I would love to spend less than $200 but could go as high as $300.

Used or refurbished is definitely an option as I do not plan on keeping any of my HT equipment for more than a year or two. I just graduated college so hopefully my financial situation will allow that soon.

Is a new low end receiver my best option or should I go with a used receiver? Model numbers I can do research on would be very helpful. Thank you all again for your time.

-Kendall

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
A $200-$300 isn't going to trump the Denon's power. I assume it has at least a 5.1 analog input so you could use it as an amp if you got say the Pioneer VSX-816 (NOT THE NEW 817, it does not have pre-outs). A better alternative would be the Yamaha RX-V659 or the newer RX-V661 which now features HDMI (repeater) with Simplay. You could look for used receivers from Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Harman/Kardon, JVC (if you are lucky you can get one of their flagships for a killer price) and a few others on Ebay.

Those would be my only considerations, outside the higher priced receivers out on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks