What's new

Marantz power help. (1 Viewer)

TOTS

Auditioning
Real Name
tots
So I have an old Marantz SR 7300 that I am having problems with. Plugged in, I see a red standby button. However when turning the unit on, you get a click a couple seconds pause, and then the unit turns back off. No display on the front or any other lights, sounds, etc. Thinking it was the power supply (transformer), I pulled it and called Marantz. They no longer support this model with replacement parts as it’s too old.

I absolutely loved this reciever and had no problems with it prior. Is there a source for a replacement transformer or should I just let it go? I just started a new career and took a serious pay cut so replacing it with any quality piece will not happen for a couple of years. I do have a HK reciever i can use in the interm.

Another thought would be if I could use the supply from the HK or another old reciever I have laying around. Thoughts on weather they may be compatible? I checked on ebay for a used 7300 and on the web for a replacement transformer but came up empty. The only units i saw used were $500-600 with shipping. May as well upgrade to a new unit for those prices!

As always, thanks for your advice and help.

ETA: powering a 5.1 Paradigm monitor/ Outlaw setup in a medium room. I feel like I listen to music as a priority but in reality the kids watch Netflix on it for 90% of its use.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It would be absurd to pay even $250 for that old of a surround receiver.

TOTS

Auditioning
Real Name
tots
Guys thanks for the help. Decided to install a HK av1700 I have for HT and save for a nice 2-channel setup later. I’ve always wanted a B&W setup. For now I’m adding a Schiit DAC to a Onkyo Amp and a set of Jamo towers I traded some Polks for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks